Early Data Shows African Americans Have Contracted and Died of Coronavirus at an Alarming Rate

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But we aren't deficient, they thought that because the test being done was wrong. This has been known since 2013, but most black people dont read science articles, and inherent racism causes non black doctors to not report the truth
NPR Choice page
How A Vitamin D Test Misdiagnosed African-Americans

I'm not going to be doing this back and forth, just up the Vitamin D intake. There would be no harm in it as I see it.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
I'm not going to be doing this back and forth, just up the Vitamin D intake. There would be no harm in it as I see it.
It is if you dont take magnesium or have enough in your system. Too much vitamin d can cause calcium to mess up your arteries.

I'm not arguing, it's just black people need to hear the truth or you can help spread lies that hurt your own people. They dont care about the truth, like I said that report came out almost seven years ago, but we still hear the opposite, even from our own

Vitamin D levels have different effects on atherosclerosis in blacks and whites, study finds
"In black patients, lower levels of vitamin D may not signify deficiency to the same extent as in whites," said the study's lead investigator, Barry I. Freedman, M.D., John H. Felts III Professor and chief of the section on nephrology at the School of Medicine "We should use caution when supplementing vitamin D in black patients while we investigate if we are actually worsening calcium deposition in the arteries with treatment."

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Bernie's policy would have saved alot of lives.

But he's dropped out now so....
The reality is a hospital bill from a pneumonia infection will easily be between 5-10k.

This could financially wipe out alot of people.
It killed me when I would come across black folks that were opposed to it :smh: they would start repeating things you hear on CNN and MSNBC like how is it going be paid for or it would never pass :snoop: Straight brainwashed like how hillbilly rednecks are with Fox News

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

full
nikkas was extra confident too :wow:

Still like to know where they were getting their information from

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
So is New Orleans the worst city right now for black folks?

it will seem that way, and empirically that might not be that far off. If you’re poor and black in NOLA the scales don’t tip in your favor.

As someone who lives here I’ll just say it’s not as cut and dry as worse or best. You have to look at socioeconomics to get a better picture. Louisiana ranks last in a lot of quality of life rankings, but trust that ain’t on just black people. It’s 60% black in New Orleans, the same ailments that plague black America plague the city, it’s just that we have higher numbers of black folk here.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
It's this same anti science mindset that will have black folks shook of the fukking vaccine that will protect us from this bullshyt too

That's a bit unfair considering African-Americans have a very poor relationship with the medical industry. Living in heath care deserts, insane premiums, etc. But even when we do have the means to get care, we get under-served and doctors ROUTINELY underestimate the pain and sickness of black people. Look at what happened to Kim Porter. So I think say something like this with a grain of salt.

However, what I'll give you is the fact there's a ton of black folks out here thinking shyt can't affect them.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
In what way don't they have the same advantages? Europe is an extremely wealthy continent but has the highest rate of Coronavirus infections and deaths in the world.

Explain?

Simple, those countries have a social safety net, even for Black people.

If you're a Black person in Europe, you have universal healthcare, probably college, and even if you're poor, you're not as fukked as a Black kid in Detroit, Chicago, Alabama, etc. . .because those countries don't allow their citizens to completely fall between the cracks in that way.

A lot of y'all don't understand that America is a 3rd world country in some places like Alabama, Mississippi, and other southern states where the majority of Black people live.

Even the UN criticized America for it's horrific living conditions for Black people.

Extreme poverty in America: read the UN special monitor's report

mykey

Superstar
Daps
Simple, those countries have a social safety net, even for Black people.

If you're a Black person in Europe, you have universal healthcare, probably college, and even if you're poor, you're not as fukked as a Black kid in Detroit, Chicago, Alabama, etc. . .because those countries don't allow their citizens to completely fall between the cracks in that way.

A lot of y'all don't understand that America is a 3rd world country in some places like Alabama, Mississippi, and other southern states where the majority of Black people live.

Even the UN criticized America for it's horrific living conditions for Black people.

Extreme poverty in America: read the UN special monitor's report
You didn't answer the question. Why are wealthy Europeans dying like flies because of Coronavirus?

The proportion of black people in Europe - - even in the UK, and France-is very low, don't know why you brought that up.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
You didn't answer the question. Why are wealthy Europeans dying like flies because of Coronavirus?

The proportion of black people in Europe - - even in the UK, and France-is very low, don't know why you brought that up.

I did answer your question.

This is what you asked me

In what way don't they have the same advantages? Europe is an extremely wealthy continent but has the highest rate of Coronavirus infections and deaths in the world.

Explain?

I answered it.

White people in America have insurance in most cases, even if Black folks don't.

So, there's a huge disparity in health outcomes.

In Europe everybody has "insurance", so there isn't huge disparities.

And everybody's getting Coronavirus infections.

Europe just got it first. We were about 10 days behind the trend.

Now, we're (America) the center of the Coronavirus pandemic, especially New York city.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
It's this same anti science mindset that will have black folks shook of the fukking vaccine that will protect us from this bullshyt too

why exactly should folks, especially black folks blindly believe the government has their best interests in mind?

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
why exactly should folks, especially black folks blindly believe the government has their best interests in mind?

You mean outside of the tons of objective research and experts who aren't affiliated with the government who can vet the authenticity of vaccines (despite the misuse of medical science by oppressive regimes in history)?

Furthermore what is the alternative here,? Sit around wait and hope this shyt goes away? Hope it doesn't get worse?

That's the funny thing that anti vaxxers never can supply, unless you count inhaling orange peels boiled in water (or some other unverified, superstitious bullshyt) as a viable option.

Which is exactly the point. People would rather surrender all agency and swear the government is running some 5D chess game. After all its never your fault if you never have to make a viable choice.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps