Easy meal prep ideas and tips?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Just started Meal prepping a week ago and definitely a beginner when it comes to prepping and cooking.

1st week I did chicken, broccoli, and brown rice. Taste was alright, but the chicken wasn't flavorful at all even though I used Mrs. Dash and it was rubbery. I'm cool with eating bland rice and broccoli, could eat it all day. This week I was lazy and just mixed ground turkey and rice with some random seasonings with broccoli on the side.

So what are some meals where I can up my game? What do y'all fix that's easy and with good macros? Next week I'm thinking Taco meat with beans on top of spinach and avocados or Chilli meat + baked potatoes. Ultimately I try to keep lunches light, something like 600 calories.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I find people who want variety too much have issues with their diet. Stick with 3-4 different meals then forget about food. Once you reach your goals, you can get your Rachel Ray on again.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
chicken ---> do boneless thighs instead of breasts.

for proteins, that's where i use my "salt", i don't salt my veggies, and if i do a carb, there's nothing added, maybe a little coconut oil...so i'm not afraid to use marinades, sauces, salt, etc on my meats since the rest of the meal is no sodium. that's where you get your flavor

my go-to marinade for chicken thighs (i grill a batch each week) is 2tbs fish sauce, 2 tbs soy sauce, 1-2tbs sugar, 1-2tbs rice vinegar, 2 cloves garlic --> this creates a good flavor but ends up being super versatile, makes the GOAT chicken for salads.

if salads will be a big part of your eating, invest in a mandoline to slice stuff, a spiralizer, and maybe an immersion blender/small food processor for dressings

I find people who want variety too much have issues with their diet. Stick with 3-4 different meals then forget about food. Once you reach your goals, you can get your Rachel Ray on again.
i agree here...it's why i feel like you should learn (or buy) a few simple "sauces" (not crazy heavy ones) and marinades and used them on your proteins to keep things fresh. just stick to grilling, roasting or pan searing your proteins, top with a simple sauce, and keep the sides easy - steamed/sauteed veggies, plain starch if you're eating starch.

cook a nice/complex meal occasionally/for enjoyment, but not for "meal prep"

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I grill or pan fry all of my meat and eat that with a different mixture of steamed vegetables, fruit (like blueberries) [I know that sounds random to eat fruit with grilled meat as your dinner but it's just something different, I suppose], an entire extra large avocado and I mean all of it or hummous.

It's all low carb, high protein and high [healthy] fat.

There's no need to "prep" meals if you eat a slight variation of the same thing everyday.

If you don't eat meat supplement that with a vegetable that's high in protein like legumes/beans.

It's not rocket science.