Eating Highly Processed Foods May Lead to Mental Health Issues

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i dont think the meal option is so much the issue but the meal frequency

ive had discussions like this with @The ADD and @krackdagawd

the food itself isnt whats the problem in the cans, its the salt content that changes how its digested

if the body's cells use salt to regulate the quantity of water in one cell to the next, and that also influences the intake and uptake of nutrients into cells. Having a high salt diet is bound to influence that balance

in theory a proper diet would not change your original metabolism from childhood
:lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
lets be real, its associated with high blood pressure

and your blood is associated with both nutrient delivery and waste removal

so the more efficiently your blood circulates the healthier your body

so salt while it preserves meat, the flipside is that too much of it in a living creature does the same. Makes it take on salted meat characteristics :jbhmm:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
lets be real, its associated with high blood pressure

and your blood is associated with both nutrient delivery and waste removal

so the more efficiently your blood circulates the healthier your body

so salt while it preserves meat, the flipside is that too much of it in a living creature does the same. Makes it take on salted meat characteristics :jbhmm:
Agreed. Wasn’t quite sure what you meant but yes, too much salt is no bueno.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Saw this table a few days ago. Basically groups 1-3 are traditional, but group 4 was the real killer

what-to-eat-00-ultraprocessed-1024x551.png

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Saw this table a few days ago. Basically groups 1-3 are traditional, but group 4 was the real killer

what-to-eat-00-ultraprocessed-1024x551.png
Avoiding group 4 would probably add 20+ years to one’s life :wow:

Lemme go nibble on my arugula salad and bone broth :francis:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
am far from the health freak type, try to be informed/smart about diet and health, but also have a very indulgent side - rich foods, cavier, omakase sushi, tasting menus, sweets, tacos, seafood

but I do generally, often not really knowing, avoid eating a lot of ultra processed foods. Grew up on that diet of taco shop, hot cheetos, candy, so try to keep that to a bare minimum. so many of my friends just can't shake those childhood habits, and they snack on nothing but chips, candy, junk food, and eat fast food/chain spots, some of those are marketed to be healthy, but are really just like ultra processed shyt.

i try to eat everything fresh. No frozen foods, drink Cokes here and there, no bread, aside from fresh baked boutique. Very rarely eat sandwiches, unless it's from a kind of expensive place. All that processed deli meat isn't good.

the American diet is poison.