Elizabeth Warren fires back at Centrist Democrats

Daps
There were thousands of neo Nazis and klan members holding a rally in a major US city the other day and she wants to talk about more gun control, making it that much harder to arm and protect myself... I'ma pass.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Correct, a 50 state strategy is the only tenable solution. People like Joe Manchin are the difference between Obamacare being repealed and Trump/Ryan/McConnell looking like fools.
Except Manchin has sided with Rs so much this year he's basically poison. Dems keep relying on that it'll keep fukking them over like the WV governor who switched parties on a whim.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
A Super liberal isn't going to win in WV.
So a Republican who can stab you in the back at any moment is better?

Super liberal is such a loaded term too. Running a candidate who supports the middle class worker and not just coal magnates would probably work in WV but the party is too shook to go all in. Which is why they will continue to be losers.

2018 is coming we'll see how things go though :sas2:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
NY/CA are without a doubt the majority of the party and CA Dems are arguably the most liberal.

While progressives tend to want populism I'm not sure they are actually the heart and soul of any party in this country.

That said, if you want to be a progressive candidate then be one. What people want from their elected officials is going to change from region to region. Progressives seem to have an issue with that. Until democrats reconcile that issue they will continue to take losses due to infighting.

Ironically, the people who are the most progressive will be the most harmed. :francis:

You are right in terms of things are different from region to region

However the people with the power are the centrists. And those power brokers are more concerned with chasing Romney voters and allying with neocons to crush the progressive movement.

I just hope this doesn't end with four more years of Trump because the left couldn't get along. :martin:

Being divided doesn't mean losing. Look at how divided the GOP is.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Super liberal is such a loaded term too. Running a candidate who supports the middle class worker and not just coal magnates would probably work in WV but the party is too shook to go all in. Which is why they will continue to be losers.

Joe Manchin's primary challenger is a young woman who is the daughter of a coal miner. She's going to campaign on expanded Medicare and bringing renewable energy jobs to WV.

That's not being super liberal :sas2:

That's responding to the base of the party

Ben Jealous mentioned he was on the Eastern Shore of MD and Trump voters out there are gonna support his campaign cause he wants to get universal healthcare so businesses don't have to be burdened with premiums.

If you explain things to people esp ideas popular with the average joe :mjpls: you'd be surprised

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

He has to represent his constituents and their wishes and I believe he does that. It's better to have someone who will align with you sometimes than someone who never will. It helps with the negotiations.

Put it like this, if he were a republican Repeal and Replace would have gone through. :comeon:

I've been to WV often. Outside of the ski resorts it's a very conservative place.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Joe Manchin's primary challenger is a young woman who is the daughter of a coal miner. She's going to campaign on expanded Medicare and bringing renewable energy jobs to WV.

Ben Jealous mentioned he was on the Eastern Shore of MD and Trump voters out there are gonna support his campaign cause he wants to get universal healthcare so businesses don't have to be burdened with premiums.

If you explain things to people esp ideas popular with the average joe :mjpls: you'd be surprised

Seems you all are trying to move back from the far left. Progress. :ehh:

It also seems you all are attempting to do the very thing you say democrats shouldn't do.

You're basically trying to court conservative voters, but maintain your "progressive" side by asking for Universal Healthcare. :jbhmm:

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Except Manchin has sided with Rs so much this year he's basically poison. Dems keep relying on that it'll keep fukking them over like the WV governor who switched parties on a whim.

And when it counted the most who did he side with?

Setting aside incumbency advantage, who is the Democratic alternative to Manchin that would actually win in the general election? West Virginia is Trumpland and has been voting against its best interest for decades.

I'd rather try to take back Congress and see how far left Manchin can be dragged than take a gamble that potentially leads to Republicans being able to pass a constitutional amendment. I mean, we're not playing with house money here.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

THIS. Nobody is saying run Jill Stein types but people from the state that aren't just rethugs in disguise can work.

He has to represent his constituents and their wishes and I believe he does that. It's better to have someone who will align with you sometimes than someone who never will. It helps with the negotiations.

Put it like this, if he were a republican Repeal and Replace would have gone through. :comeon:

I've been to WV often. Outside of the ski resorts it's a very conservative place.
Obamacare is a Republican plan, and you know that. Which is why it's so difficult for them to replace it. I mean they might as well get Susan Collins to switch over by your logic.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
And when it counted the most who did he side with?

Setting aside incumbency advantage, who is the Democratic alternative to Manchin that would actually win in the general election? West Virginia is Trumpland and has been voting against its best interest for decades.

I'd rather try to take back Congress and see how far left Manchin can be dragged than take a gamble that potentially leads to Republicans being able to pass a constitutional amendment. I mean, we're not playing with house money here.
Try to take back congress how? By doing the same things that got the whole party wiped out since 2012? I mean eventually you're gonna have to try something different or make some tweaks. If the DNC goes into next year just thinking they got it because people hate Trump they're gonna lose again. I'm not willing to gamble on ineptitude just as much as you aren't willing to on not running rethugs as Dems.