Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If Bernie runs could the Progressive vote be split and an Establishment Dem becomes the nominee?
I'm not sure who I would support between the two myself.

I go Bernie over Warren, but she's my second choice. I have a feeling they'd figure it out early on and one would get out of the other's way (Bernie didn't step into the last race until it was clear Warren was out). I'd be HYPE if we could get one of the two on the presidential ticket while the other pushes Schumer out of Senate leadership.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I go Bernie over Warren, but she's my second choice. I have a feeling they'd figure it out early on and one would get out of the other's way (Bernie didn't step into the last race until it was clear Warren was out). I'd be HYPE if we could get one of the two on the presidential ticket while the other pushes Schumer out of Senate leadership.
i hope it's neither of them tbh :yeshrug: bernie was 2016 or bust, and i just dont see goofy liz beating trump. there's no fukkin way :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i hope it's neither of them tbh :yeshrug: bernie was 2016 or bust, and i just dont see goofy liz beating trump. there's no fukkin way :mjlol:
What Dem, be it a Senator, Governor, House Rep do you think could beat Trump?
As far as Congress she is the best besides Bernie. I don't think it would be a slam dunk if she ran but she is waaaay better than the Booker's, Gillebrands and Harrises out there .

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
WHAT YOU SAID MAKES NO SENSE...YOU CAN'T BUILD A PROGRESSIVE BENCH IF YOU KEEP PULLING MEMBERS OFF THAT BENCH!!!!!

We can't keep praying for a white house (which has more important things to deal with than domestic issues) or a supreme court gamble.

We HAVE to get back to legislative power.
There's no "keep on pulling members off the progressive bench", it's about elevating one member to the most visible position in the land and using that to recruit more. Yeah, reclaiming legislative power is a must, my point is that doing so includes activating potential progressives. According to your logic Bernie should have just stayed in the Senate instead of trying to run for President, but look what happened in the aftermath of his run. This big wave of progressive politicians running and winning we're seeing is directly contributable to Bernie moving to a place of high visibility by going for the Presidency.

Plus, there is a critical level of executive power that must be wielded by progressives. The DOJ and Fed must be cleansed of Wall Street cronies if the legal enforcement and monetary apparatus is to pursue progressive ends. The judicial branch must be stocked with progressive judges if the policies are to pass legal standards. Federal agencies like CFPB must be staffed by progressive heads who mandate progressive policies. That all takes place at the Executive level. The idea that a few progressive Senators and Representatives alone can enact a progressive revolution without the White House behind them is foolish.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Outside of them forcefeeding us Joe Biden, whose name recognition and style I'll admit tracks well against Trump; I don't think anyone is stronger than Bernie presently (still plenty of time for that to change).

Sidenote: Biden's not my pick until he has to be and I prolly won't believe that unless he wins the primary.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
There's no "keep on pulling members off the progressive bench", it's about elevating one member to the most visible position in the land and using that to recruit more. Yeah, reclaiming legislative power is a must, my point is that doing so includes activating potential progressives. According to your logic Bernie should have just stayed in the Senate instead of trying to run for President, but look what happened in the aftermath of his run. This big wave of progressive politicians running and winning we're seeing is directly contributable to Bernie moving to a place of high visibility by going for the Presidency.

Plus, there is a critical level of executive power that must be wielded by progressives. The DOJ and Fed must be cleansed of Wall Street cronies if the legal enforcement and monetary apparatus is to pursue progressive ends. The judicial branch must be stocked with progressive judges if the policies are to pass legal standards. Federal agencies like CFPB must be staffed by progressive heads who mandate progressive policies. That all takes place at the Executive level. The idea that a few progressive Senators and Representatives alone can enact a progressive revolution without the White House behind them is foolish.
Wrong.

Very wrong.

We should elevate a center-leftist to the White House. I stand on that and I maintain thats who will win the nomination.

In congress, we should push for the most progressive candidates to take power.

Look at congress right now. You already don't even have enough progressives in office. Don't degrade that non-existent block even further.

Stop thinking emotionally and think strategically.

Think LONG TERM.

Warren could easily be replaced by someone far less progressive and her stunt today could be used against her!!!

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What Dem, be it a Senator, Governor, House Rep do you think could beat Trump?
As far as Congress she is the best besides Bernie. I don't think it would be a slam dunk if she ran but she is waaaay better than the Booker's, Gillebrands and Harrises out there .
im not very hopeful, tbh. maybe biden. not kamala harris. not booker. not gillibrand. the economy hasn't crashed, so it's hard to make the argument that trump has fukked up the country

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of them forcefeeding us Joe Biden, whose name recognition and style I'll admit tracks well against Trump; I don't think anyone is stronger than Bernie presently (still plenty of time for that to change).

Sidenote: Biden's not my pick until he has to be and I prolly won't believe that unless he wins the primary.
trump will eviscerate bernie, AFTER being in the whitehouse. all he has to say is "listen to this guy's fukkin plans. he has to raise your taxes to pay for this shyt :trumpj:" and that's it, the race is over

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Bernie will lose, and as long as he is not a democrat, he deserves to wash out.

Some of yall aren't paying attention to the streets.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
im not very hopeful, tbh. maybe biden. not kamala harris. not booker. not gillibrand. the economy hasn't crashed, so it's hard to make the argument that trump has fukked up the country
Yeah I hear you man. Biden probably over all but I don't like him so it would be another hold my nose vote. I might even do third party if he is the nominee since I'm in NY.