Empire creator confirms show is based on jay z

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I don't get it. Jay doesn't have 3 sons, let alone sons that make music, he wasn't married to a woman that went to prison, he's not engaged to a Halle Berry look alike, he doesn't have ALS, he's not out here shooting people and involved in other criminal activities, I don't get the comparison

What's up with all the gay characters in that show? Which female was dyking in Hov's circle like that?

Daps
Reppin
VOID
then who should we be mad at? the television channels (which bottom line is a dollar and profit) or do we get mad at the actors and actresses? you can't blame one group and not all involved.
Hey...I blame everyone involved including the audience for supporting the stuff. Thus resulting in more of it.

I don't even watch or own a television....and shyt like this is why....besides the fact that blacks aren't represented on there outside of sports and stereotypical garbage like this...people want to shame me into supporting that said stereotypical garbage like Empire cause I'm black? fukk THAT!

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
Hey...I blame everyone involved including the audience for supporting the stuff. Thus resulting in more of it.

I don't even watch or own a television....and shyt like this is why....besides the fact that blacks aren't represented on there outside of sports and stereotypical garbage like this...people want to shame me into supporting that said stereotypical garbage like Empire cause I'm black? fukk THAT!

lol wait, you don't own a television because "blacks aren't represented on there outside of sports and stereotypical garbage" ? :russ:

neil-degrasse-tyson-tells-us-why-star-trek-is-so-much-better-than-star-wars.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

that's just two off the top of the head, so what do you mean Blacks aren't shown in a positive light? you don't even own a tv so how would you even know? lmao.

and no one is shaming you to support Empire but I find it funny that people do nothing but cry, whine and complain and don't do shyt to better the situation.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are really not messing with a show because a white person co-wrote it? You know white people are involved in the creative process of things ya'll co-sign and praise on the daily, but I don't see none of ya'll complaining about it. Then again, the fake and phony do flock here and posture on the daily.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Why are we letting outsiders create our content?"

1) Are you writing content and characters that represent us in a light that you think we should be represented?

2) Do you support How To Get Away With Murder and a plethora of other shows that have black writers?

3) Do you really spend time researching who's writing the content or do you just do it for the shows that you don't like?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pretty much.

:laugh:

of course theyre not seeking consultants. its just a soap opera. thats why im not even complaining about how bad they rep philly.

with that said, timbaland fits right in. hes not a hip-hop guy. hes an r&b dude with nice drums.:laugh: and of course the music is wack. timbaland has been wack for many moons now.

yea. "hustle n flow" was wick-wick-wack. and im confused about terrence howard being a legendary '90s street rapper. everytime they play an old song or they show him doing something musically, its usually some r&b chit. hes even singing half the time. what is this family song mess that they just did? LOL.

Timbaland is Hip Hop. In fact, he was tapped as a Hip Hop producer to work on the show. Why downplay someone just because you don't like him? R&B producers don't produce Hip Hop. There's maybe a handful of producers that have produced full R&B albums that have successfully done Hip Hop. I'm not talking about a few hits here and there and talking about helming multiple successful Hip Hop albums and getting respect from their peers as a Hip Hop producer.