Empire creator confirms show is based on jay z

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Yall nikkas such crabs in the bucket. You complain that you have no representation in the media, then when you get it and the show is the most watched show on television, you hate it, shyt on it, talk down on it. yall nikkas man. my god. Yall did the same thing with Power. Hating ass nikkas.
So we supposed to be happy for crumbs? :childplease:

nikka plz.

Respect > Popularity

Last edited:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Yall nikkas such crabs in the bucket. You complain that you have no representation in the media, then when you get it and the show is the most watched show on television, you hate it, shyt on it, talk down on it. yall nikkas man. my god. Yall did the same thing with Power. Hating ass nikkas.
Where was the trash talk on Luther or Real Husbands? :usure:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The booth is so wack. This show is good. Whether it's based on Jay or not. The show is good. The show is far from c00n sh1t. Every character reminds me of some one I know. And just the fact Gabby big ass got a job is beautiful. She deserves it. But one thing that's kind of fukked it's a whole lot of Shemarr Moore's & no Wesley Snipes :snoop:
I guess Malik Yoba count

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
All blacks are the same :skip:
:blessed: should have closed this entire thread after this statement

EVERYTHING makes sense now on this show... i thought to myself "why in the fukk would lee daniels put this shyt out, knowing black people don't think or act like this" now i know better

:ohhh: so white people must really think we can spot the nationality of other blacks from 30 yards away

"who's that liberian girl over there" :russ:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
The Coli is back on its bull as usual. The Wire is the GOAT show, yet I'll hate on Empire when every negative thing I can point out about Empire could also be said about The Wire. I could see if it was "the writing on Empire is horrible", "the acting is terrible", "the show's wack", etc, but miss me with all this "oh, the writer's white", "they c00ning", "can't ya'll see they using this show to destroy us". :camby:
compare critically and award winning writing of a top series to this saturday morning cartoon shyt

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Posters attacked Danny Strong because he's white writing a shytTY show about a black family. On the same token, David Simon is white writing ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOWS OF ALL TIME about blacks and whites. Both are still white and have never been black, therefore, I don't see how one would get a pass and the other doesn't. Empire is also based on actual events or people. There are real life artists in the show.

That's the comparison. Posters who are on their moral high ground don't care how close or far away the writing is, Strong was attacked for being a white guy writing a black show
fixed

Ace2306

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Wire is whack AF. Season 2 almost caused me to slit my wrists - I never understood the hype. Only entertaining was when Marlo came into it. But overall shyt was butt butter B.

Empire's far more entertaining but it's still Jigaboo TV

You're bugging if u think the wire is whack

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Wait, so you get all mad over a fictitious show that is loosely based on a Black rapper (who himself portrayed and promoted drug selling, harming of his own people AND degradation of the Black Woman)? but you accept "reality tv" that attempts to portray Hip Hop and it's members as brainless, promiscuous, women beating individuals?

maybe I'm tripping. :yeshrug:

Where did I say I accept reality tv? Reality tv is simply not worth discussing here as every race and ethnicity looks foolish. What don't you get?

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Ya'll still support c00n shyt like this. When its black entertainment its either about drug/rap/slavery themes. Nothing else.
The paradox of entertainment in America.

So if I don't want to watch whites on television (95% of TV) the only alternative I have is black entertainment that panders to negative stereotypes the majority of the time...

And people wonder why I don't watch tv...

I didn't watch the wire either for the same reasons...it's not like I can relate to either anyways.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I knew it I fukking knew it, I been telling people Fox is making a mockery of black people and hip hop with that show. Even worse the white dude created it. I thought at the very least a black chick came up with this shyt, I knew full Damn well a brother didn't create this, it did not appear to come from a black man, we don't write like that. The show is sohh unrealistic and now we know why:scust:
Black people don't have any power in the entertainment industry.

The kicker was when a white man that was married to a black woman wrote a song about black people loving their hair for sesame street like six years ago...

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I'm so sick of outsiders telling our stories for us....

Maybe this is what we want?
Obviously. Black people are so easily satisfied and simple minded it saddens me, angers me, disappoints me, and frustrates me...

I guess the majority of us are too lazy to do it and those that want to just will never have the support to get it off the ground.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
CAuse it's fukking negative and sterotypical!

Why black entertainment either got to be that or non-existent?

Why are people not getting it?

It's like having to choose between getting a two day old meal or no meal at all...

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
CAuse it's fukking negative and sterotypical!

Why black entertainment either got to be that or non-existent?

Why are people not getting it?

It's like having to choose between getting a two day old meal or no meal at all...

then who should we be mad at? the television channels (which bottom line is a dollar and profit) or do we get mad at the actors and actresses? you can't blame one group and not all involved.