Empire creator confirms show is based on jay z

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Posters attacked Danny Strong because he's white writing a show about a black family. On the same token, David Simon is white writing a show about blacks. Both are still white and have never been black, therefore, I don't see how one would get a pass and the other doesn't. Empire is also based on actual events or people. There are real life artists in the show.

That's the comparison. Posters who are on their moral high ground don't care how close or far away the writing is, Strong was attacked for being a white guy writing a black show

I'm expecting someone to say David Simon has black in him, after all this is the same place that calls Rita Ora black :russ:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
The Coli is back on its bull as usual. The Wire is the GOAT show, yet I'll hate on Empire when every negative thing I can point out about Empire could also be said about The Wire. I could see if it was "the writing on Empire is horrible", "the acting is terrible", "the show's wack", etc, but miss me with all this "oh, the writer's white", "they c00ning", "can't ya'll see they using this show to destroy us". :camby:
The Wire was a philosophical look at the Baltimore Drug Trade
It is in no way meant to be popcorn entertainment like this bullshyt

@emoney , @gator_king , @SuperCoolP_Cal
This nikka tryin' to compare The Wire to a show that's marketed alongside The Real Housewives :heh:

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A cac created this shyt? :scust:

Every stereotype of blacks under the sun are in full force in this show, and tap dancing c00n Daniels was the perfect choice to direct this
it all makes sense now.

fukk does any of this shyt have to do with jayz smh

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
:russ:Grandmaster B dream came true....
gross03b.JPG

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I enjoyed season 2, but admittedly it's a different pace considering how powerful the first season was. Still, in hindsight, I'm glad they explored the docks, and it all blends in perfectly later on down the line in the final season. It reminds me of Halloween III which despite not having Michael Myers, was still an interesting dark b-movie in its own right.
Cool, good to kno. I'll get into it next week.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
A cac created this shyt? :scust:

Every stereotype of blacks under the sun are in full force in this show, and tap dancing c00n Daniels was the perfect choice to direct this

kinda all makes sense now why hollywood is pushing this so much...

white creator, black gay director... :skip: