Daps
Hunger Games & Transformers ahead of Blue Velvet

I just had to stop there brehs

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
300 is on this list..and both hobbit movies that just came out.
post-18879-Jon-Hamm-Yeah-Ok-gif-1dnC.gif

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wouldn't say better but they are even as far as being just as good as their Legendary Predecessor's. I'd agrue only "Aliens" and "T2" could be that list of Great Sequels just as good as the originals.

Hold on you lost me...you said that godfather 2 and empire are just as good as their predecessors but then say only aliens and T2 are just as good as their originals. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but you confused me breh

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Better than Godfather 2 breh?

They're totally different bro. It's like how could you even compare them. Just know that they're both the at the top, TOP of their respective weight classes.

But if we're talkin strictly nerd films then nothing will ever top Empire. That's the holy grail.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Hold on you lost me...you said that godfather 2 and empire are just as good as their predecessors but then say only aliens and T2 are just as good as their originals. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but you confused me breh

No I said the Top 2 sequels are Empire and Godfather II but that Aliens and T2 are on that list too of great sequels but not as good as the Top 2.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They're totally different bro. It's like how could you even compare them. Just know that they're both the at the top, TOP of their respective weight classes.

But if we're talkin strictly nerd films then nothing will ever top Empire. That's the holy grail.

What's crazy is during the time of it's release "Empire" actually got kinda mixed reviews cause of the Cliffhanger ending and it being very dark and the good guys losing. People also forget that the original "Star Wars" is actually more critically accliamed and even won 7 Academy Awards which was unheard of for a fantasy/sci fi film at the time. "Empire" ended up aging very well that it's ranked above the 1st film on different list. I mean it's just a great sequel.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

No doubt but to me, Godfather 2 is the best sequel ever made. While they're different genres, they're both sequels to classic films so they're going to be compared especially in scope and the darkness of both. I wasn't trying to shyt on Empire because I love it but generally when I think of the greatest sequel to a movie, I go with Godfather 2 but I know in fanboy circles, it will always be Empire.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
No doubt but to me, Godfather 2 is the best sequel ever made. While they're different genres, they're both sequels to classic films so they're going to be compared especially in scope and the darkness of both. I wasn't trying to shyt on Empire because I love it but generally when I think of the greatest sequel to a movie, I go with Godfather 2 but I know in fanboy circles, it will always be Empire.

Good point, "GFII" is hard to beat especially since it's a prequel and a sequel at the same so Coppola actually did the Prequel thing before George Lucas did it in "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars". With that said, "Return of the Jedi" closed out the original Star Wars Trilogy better than "Godfather III" did even though both films had flaws.