Skyfall in the top 50 :russ:shouldn't even be on the list

The Dark Knight at #3- way too high and I loved Heath Ledger as the Joker

Pulp Fiction and Shawshank are way too high

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
"Inception" being rated over "The Matrix" is the most laughable part of the list. Nolan fanboys were in full force on that online voting. And I love "Inception" but it's not better than "The Matrix".

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Good point, "GFII" is hard to beat especially since it's a prequel and a sequel at the same so Coppola actually did the Prequel thing before George Lucas did it in "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars". With that said, "Return of the Jedi" closed out the original Star Wars Trilogy better than "Godfather III" did even though both films had flaws.

Oh no doubt about that shyt. Which is why the Godfather trilogy is not in any conversation about "best trilogy of all time" both have flaws but at least Return of the Jedi is watchable and still a good movie

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Citizen Kane @33 :snoop: its easily in the top 5

Inception @10 :what:I didn't care for this movie at all

Skyfall in the top 50 :russ:shouldn't even be on the list

The Dark Knight at #3- way too high and I loved Heath Ledger as the Joker

Pulp Fiction and Shawshank are way too high

While I don't agree on your Skyfall policy, I do agree with your Citizen Kane policy. that shyt is absurd

Daps
Reppin
NYC
No doubt but to me, Godfather 2 is the best sequel ever made. While they're different genres, they're both sequels to classic films so they're going to be compared especially in scope and the darkness of both. I wasn't trying to shyt on Empire because I love it but generally when I think of the greatest sequel to a movie, I go with Godfather 2 but I know in fanboy circles, it will always be Empire.

Nah if we gotta debate on which one functioned as the better sequel then it's Empire no doubt. GF2 is an amazing film but it tells a story that wasn't essential in the first place. Yea there might have been a few minor twists and turns but the ending of GF1 kinda spells out for you the future of all these characters and you could kinda picture in your head how their lives would turn out, especially Michael. You knew at the end of the first movie he would turn into a cold, sterile monster.

Meanwhile Empire took the Star Wars myth to a whole new level. It gave us Yoda, it gave us the I am your father reveal... not to mention it gave us the biggest fight in the history of movies.

GF2's reputation for whatever reason was never able to match that of GF1's. I know many see them equals but let's be honest in the big scheme of things it's the first film that's more quoted, cited, and widely recognized. But when it comes to Star Wars you can't even talk about one without talkin about the other.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
"Inception" being rated over "The Matrix" is the most laughable part of the list. Nolan fanboys were in full force on that online voting. And I love "Inception" but it's not better than "The Matrix".

:heh:

Inception doesn't even come close to the Matrix.

What are these people smoking.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Nah if we gotta debate on which one functioned as the better sequel then it's Empire no doubt. GF2 is an amazing film but it tells a story that wasn't essential in the first place. Yea there might have been a few minor twists and turns but the ending of GF1 kinda spells out for you the future of all these characters and you could kinda picture in your head how their lives would turn out, especially Michael. You knew at the end of the first movie he would turn into a cold, sterile monster.

Meanwhile Empire took the Star Wars myth to a whole new level. It gave us Yoda, it gave us the I am your father reveal... not to mention it gave us the biggest fight in the history of movies.

GF2's reputation for whatever reason was never able to match that of GF1's. I know many see them equals but let's be honest in the big scheme of things it's the first film that's more quoted, cited, and widely recognized. But when it comes to Star Wars you can't even talk about one without talkin about the other.

I don't know if I agree that "GFII" story wasn't essential. The Don died in the original but he was already "The Godfather" at this point. We needed his past back story to understand how he came to power. Deniro killed the performance too. I love the parallels of GFII cause it was like the Raise of Michael and the Raise of his Father in the same film. "Empire" was a great sequel for all the things you mentioned but it did have an ending that felt incomplete. When you watch the original "Star Wars" the movie was just perfect and could be a stand alone film. "Empire" you need "Jedi" to really complete it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

When I get back in the house breh, we will continue this debate
tumblr_inline_muhln4bFEh1rymbrg.gif

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lol when you think about it what are we even debating about?

They're both :ohlawd: status so let's just leave it at that lol.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:mjlol: "The Empire Strikes Back" is not even the best "Star Wars" movie. That would go to Episode III, "Revenge of the Sith".

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Iron man 3 and Prometheus even making the list :laugh:

Matrix only being 23 :laugh:

No Friday :laugh: