Enter PBC on Prime - Paramount Global To Shut Down Showtime Sports; Network Will No Longer Broadcast Boxing

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Is it feasible to add more fights on the cards? Not expecting as many as event in Saudi but more than usual

If not the real big names, do co-headlined events

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
That's actually a good question. Who is PBC and who isn't?

Did Crawford actually put something on paper saying he's PBC or was that just for the Spence fight?
bud has said numerous times he's not PBC and that he's a free agent. The spence rematch is really the only obligation he has with them.

But either way, boxings talent being scattered on different platforms remains horrible for the sport. The talent pool isn't even strong enough like that. The best thing for the sport is to have all fighters under one umbrella. But the suits still have too much pride to make that happen. But thats the path boxing is currently headed to. its only a matter of time at this point. PBC wont be able to pull of these half assed cards anymore. Gonna have to stack em to the brim or they're gonna be right back in the same position when this deal is up. And they don't really have that many up and coming fighters. Spence is close to retiring. same with wilder. Charlo's maybe got a few years left. They got boots but who are they gonna match him up with?....they have no big names that will attract casuals. They have benavidez but dude can't sell ppv's outside of a canelo fight. the andrade fight only did 60k:bryan:.....maybe PBC will learn from their previous mistakes but I just have no faith in that happening. It's just gonna be more of the same bullshyt politics.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
bud has said numerous times he's not PBC and that he's a free agent. The spence rematch is really the only obligation he has with them.

But either way, boxings talent being scattered on different platforms remains horrible for the sport. The talent pool isn't even strong enough like that. The best thing for the sport is to have all fighters under one umbrella. But the suits still have too much pride to make that happen. But thats the path boxing is currently headed to. its only a matter of time at this point. PBC wont be able to pull of these half assed cards anymore. Gonna have to stack em to the brim or they're gonna be right back in the same position when this deal is up. And they don't really have that many up and coming fighters. Spence is close to retiring. same with wilder. Charlo's maybe got a few years left. They got boots but who are they gonna match him up with?....they have no big names that will attract casuals. They have benavidez but dude can't sell ppv's outside of a canelo fight. the andrade fight only did 60k:bryan:.....maybe PBC will learn from their previous mistakes but I just have no faith in that happening. It's just gonna be more of the same bullshyt politics.

you do realize the entire industry is in shambles right? you think TR is doing something amazing or you just hate Al Haymon for whatever reason? PBC literally gave the best events this year yet y'all making these stupid ass post

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
you do realize the entire industry is in shambles right? you think TR is doing something amazing or you just hate Al Haymon for whatever reason? PBC literally gave the best events this year yet y'all making these stupid ass post
I don't know if you were here 8 years ago but there was this idea that PBC was about to take over the sport. I remember it was to the point where nikkas was talking about creating their own sanctioning body and having their own belts and shyt. They had really good cards on CBS, Showtime, Fox, some on NBC and Spike. They were everywhere. I remember them having billboards all over Houston.

To go from that to hardly promoting nothing but their PPVs is astonishing. They went from everybody being in their shadow to the mean if not worse.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

Man get outta here with this PBC dikk riding:hhh:....I've shyt on every single network for being horrible and my post history can prove that. I've even got plenty of posts giving PBC props for having the best presentation in the business. But still not gonna stop me shyt from shytting on them when they deserve it.

I don't play that network stannery shyt. It's corny as fukk. Every single network has been trash period. Do you have any proof of you shytting on PBC for all the bullshyt they've done?....if not then I don't wanna hear it. Some of yall would slap your mother's before you criticized PBC for anything. PBC stepped it up this year but doesn't change the fact that they spent most of their years giving us trash cards and doing grimy shyt like freezing out fighters. If you can't admit that then you're just a dikk rider.

Aforementioned proof

Timmy never thinks before he speaks. He was more concerned about throwing shade at Spence like always. He still can’t let go of that grudge. ESPN might be the worst when it comes to network bias. They always stay on code:hhh:

Dazn once again proving they got the worst promotional team in all of boxing. No type of buildup for a fight between two company guys. :mjlol:

It's moreso the presentation than anything I'm happy about. Dazn still looked like they were broadcasting shyt in 720p:scust:

Pbc actually knows how to make a fight feel huge. Every big fight feels like the Superbowl. They have great pre fight coverage and always bring in big names on fight night. Dazn fights always got the energy of a D2 college basketball game. All that money but wanna be stingy with their presentation :snoop:

Like I said. I give every network that work. Can you PBC Stanley's say the same :sas1:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Man get outta here with this PBC dikk riding:hhh:....I've shyt on every single network for being horrible and my post history can prove that. I've even got plenty of posts giving PBC props for having the best presentation in the business. But still not gonna stop me shyt from shytting on them when they deserve it.

I don't play that network stannery shyt. It's corny as fukk. Every single network has been trash period. Do you have any proof of you shytting on PBC for all the bullshyt they've done?....if not then I don't wanna hear it. Some of yall would slap your mother's before you criticized PBC for anything. PBC stepped it up this year but doesn't change the fact that they spent most of their years giving us trash cards and doing grimy shyt like freezing out fighters. If you can't admit that then you're just a dikk rider.

Aforementioned proof

Like I said. I give every network that work. Can you PBC Stanley's say the same :sas1:

I don't people really understand how far ahead of the game PBC seemed at the time. Remember A they muhfukkin Hans Zimmer doing the score for the first few cards.

Hans fukkin Zimmer!!

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I don't people really understand how far ahead of the game PBC seemed at the time. Remember A they muhfukkin Hans Zimmer doing the score for the first few cards.

Hans fukkin Zimmer!!
Yea and they always swore off streaming and clowned Eddie hearn for it. Now they're on the same shyt. They got kicked to the curb by every network they were on because they were greedy with their cards. It was always about maximizing their own pockets and playing it safe. They finally realized their mistake and went all out this year but it was too little too late. They burned their bridges with everyone.

Hopefully they don't make that same mistake on Amazon and continue to put on great fights. But once again they only have access to their talent pool so it's gonna be challenging. They had years to build up their young stars and wasted so much of their careers. Ennis should already be a household name but they got him fighting on obscure ass cards that only the die hard fans care about. PBC is just not good at promoting their guys at all.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
I don't know if you were here 8 years ago but there was this idea that PBC was about to take over the sport. I remember it was to the point where nikkas was talking about creating their own sanctioning body and having their own belts and shyt. They had really good cards on CBS, Showtime, Fox, some on NBC and Spike. They were everywhere. I remember them having billboards all over Houston.

To go from that to hardly promoting nothing but their PPVs is astonishing. They went from everybody being in their shadow to the mean if not worse.

PBC runs boxing...its not even question.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Yea and they always swore off streaming and clowned Eddie hearn for it. Now they're on the same shyt. They got kicked to the curb by every network they were on because they were greedy with their cards. It was always about maximizing their own pockets and playing it safe. They finally realized their mistake and went all out this year but it was too little too late. They burned their bridges with everyone.

Hopefully they don't make that same mistake on Amazon and continue to put on great fights. But once again they only have access to their talent pool so it's gonna be challenging. They had years to build up their young stars and wasted so much of their careers. Ennis should already be a household name but they got him fighting on obscure ass cards that only the die hard fans care about. PBC is just not good at promoting their guys at all.

They got "kicked to the curb" and landed a deal with a much bigger platform :mjlol: .......you just makeup random shyt in your head.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Thats based on preference and debatable.....what isn't debatable though is who runs boxing. You gonna answer who runs it?:sas1:
its not debatable....there are right answers...the question is will the right ones be said :youngsabo:..i can do it for pbc, TR, golden boy, and matchroom.

will a PBC fight be picked as thee best of the year? in ring action is a clear indicator of what and how a promotion is doing...a true boxing fan would actually take that into consideration lol