Enter PBC on Prime - Paramount Global To Shut Down Showtime Sports; Network Will No Longer Broadcast Boxing

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I’m gonna miss Showtime. Love Bernstein and the gang (minus Felix Dejesus - that dude couldn’t translate for anything :childplease:).

I too was hoping for PBC on DAZN. Would have made that side of the street sh*t obsolete and the network would have pressured big fights.

But I think I prefer if PBC goes to Amazon as opposed to like a CW or some other channel on tv. Maybe because I don’t watch tv at all. I wish YouTube somehow was an option. Feel like everyone is always on there.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Gonna miss Showtime's production quality, they were the best at showing the fight the way they were supposed to be shown. At ESPN and DAZN, especially with DAZN I feel like they are trying to play around with camera angles a little more but it backfires and makes for some frustrating moments for the viewers. I'm not against progress but this ain't it.

Showtime had the best shoulder programing too and also probably the best commentator team.
If they are really out of boxing and sports altogether I hope a big part of their team will continue on Prime, their experience and knowledge shouldn't be left on the side of the pavement, it's not what is easy to find on the market, ESPN's and DAZN's example showed us (though I'm not sure how hard they tried to find the right people to the jobs...).