ESPN First Take - Jay Williams compares Lonzo Ball to Jason Kidd

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
True.

He's a much better scorer/shooter than Kidd at the same age. Kidd was a lot better defender.

I actually like the Penny comparison by his dad. He's closer to Penny in terms of size, athleticism, and skill than J-Kidd.
Penny played some years at Memphis St.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This kid better show out when he gets drafted. Cause they are putting expectations on him that I don't think he can live up to. That shot and him needing separation to get it off scares me. I think he will be effective in the NBA but I'm not ready to say he will be a superstar though. Hope the best for him though.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
As long as I dont have to hear his dads mouth again, I'll be happy

miketysonlaughing.gif

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Maan I'm watching the dx video of him vs Kentucky and I'm :francis:

Can't link it from my mobile but it's on this page

DraftExpress NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Lonzo Ball, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

My first impression is not good. Earlier today I watched his brother vs oak hill and they lost. They have the same game. Hesitation dribbles.. Long range shots.. No mid range that I saw.. No strength.. No above the rim play.. No speed.

He took so long in those highlights to get them into set. I get it's college and shot clock is longer but every time he attacked was the back the defender in order to step back into a jumper. I don't see him attacking rim in traffic. I didn't see any high level decision making that would pick apart NBA teams.

And then.. On the defensive end particularly on the pick and roll dude was just horrible. No strength or awareness to fight through bigs..got faked out his spot.. I don't remember his hands being up. His brother too is just as weak physically. They'll be eaten alive by top tier guys I don't know how they are being compared to hall of famers. I seriously need to now watch more tape of him and see how he is now and what he'll become. I wouldn't draft him top two. I have to watch more of him

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I dont care if kid becomes better than Jordan. As long as I dont have to hear his dads mouth again, I'll be happy

Breh I was watching the Oak hill vs his younger brothers game. Someone kept yapping constantly through the game. Yelling got em 'or gotti and stay down while he was playing defense.. When the other players were actually going up. I was like is this nikka in foul trouble or something? and..AND ONE.. The entire time. Turns out it was his Dad

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Breh I was watching the Oak hill vs his younger brothers game. Someone kept yapping constantly through the game. Yelling got em 'or gotti and stay down while he was playing defense.. When the other players were actually going up. I was like is this nikka in foul trouble or something? and..AND ONE.. The entire time. Turns out it was his Dad

His dad is a bytch. I'D like to knock that nikka out

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Maan I'm watching the dx video of him vs Kentucky and I'm :francis:

Can't link it from my mobile but it's on this page

DraftExpress NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Lonzo Ball, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

My first impression is not good. Earlier today I watched his brother vs oak hill and they lost. They have the same game. Hesitation dribbles.. Long range shots.. No mid range that I saw.. No strength.. No above the rim play.. No speed.

He took so long in those highlights to get them into set. I get it's college and shot clock is longer but every time he attacked was the back the defender in order to step back into a jumper. I don't see him attacking rim in traffic. I didn't see any high level decision making that would pick apart NBA teams.

And then.. On the defensive end particularly on the pick and roll dude was just horrible. No strength or awareness to fight through bigs..got faked out his spot.. I don't remember his hands being up. His brother too is just as weak physically. They'll be eaten alive by top tier guys I don't know how they are being compared to hall of famers. I seriously need to now watch more tape of him and see how he is now and what he'll become. I wouldn't draft him top two. I have to watch more of him
Your first impression is off. Ball's defensive instincts are remarkable for someone his age, he has speed and can definitely get above the rim. :dahell:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I just feel like Lonzo is special. Thats just a gut thing. But he scares me more than any other projected top 7 pick.

Markelle is lucky. Got Lonzo to take all the attention away from him