ESPN first Take laughs at going to Milwaukee / Phoenix NBA Finals

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
If they don't want to go, give it to TNT.

If it's Milwaukee and Phoenix, Ernie can show us again The Mean Streets of Milwaukee, and Charles can go home and sleep in his bed after the broadcast in Phoenix.

I've spent a day in Milwaukee once, they have a really dope art museum that overlooks Lake Michigan
For that matter, so could Kevin Harlan, who's also from there.

Actually, I'd love to see TNT somehow get to broadcast a Finals. Would truly be :blessed: to hear Kev finally get to call one.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You a small market if you have less the 3million households. All the teams you listed are under the 3 milly mark.

Maybe to you personally Atlanta is a small market, but not to the masses :manny:

If the Hawks win the title, people will not be calling that a win for small market teams. They will if the Bucks win though.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This why the NFL is the goat American sport(even tho I like hoops more). No fukking way the NFL letting they guys( guys careers that was built by the NFL i.e ex player or media) slander they brand. shyt just not gonna happen like the nba constantly has they ex players in media or former beat guys just shyt on the product.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
NYC & LA are obviously in a class of their own but Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Bay Area, etc. are not considered average cities or small markets, stop it :comeon:

The small markets in the NBA are San Antonio, OKC, New Orleans, Memphis, Utah, etc.
I would switch out San Antonio with Charlotte

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Maybe to you personally Atlanta is a small market, but not to the masses :manny:

If the Hawks win the title, people will not be calling that a win for small market teams. They will if the Bucks win though.
Small market is not based on the city breh, it's based on the total number of households and how much revenue that area has to compete with other places.
Atl might not seem like a small market to you, but guarantee they're never competing dollar for dollar with any real big markets in any sport.

Bossino

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I don't understand this energy. Bush 10 teams and hundreds if not thousands of black folk lose their jobs. Not just players but staff, security, concessions, folk working for the arena, trainers, commentators, media, etc. And the gain is....?

Not to mention the fans. I mean Memphis is a tiny-ass market with no big stars but pretty sure fans still loved that run where they made the playoffs 7 straight years and advanced three times including the WCF once. Blazers are in a small NBA city but they still have the Walton era (a title), the Drexler era (11 straight playoff appearances and 3 straight WCF including 2 Finals), the Sheed era (7 straight playoff apperances including back-to-back WCF), the Roy era (just 3 playoff appearances but so much hope and clutchness) and the Dame era (8 straight playoff appearances including a WCF). Just in the 2000s Cleveland got a title, Detroit got a title, Toronto got a title, San Antonio got 5 titles, now Milwaukee or Phoenix could get a title....

I don't love it either, but something's got to give if you perpetually have teams that have a negative shot of winning shyt it further exacerbates the futility of interest in the regular season. MLB has the same issue. I'm not talking Portland or Memphis, but definitely Orlando, New Orleans off top could go. My point is if only 5 teams can actually win it in any given season where people are actually healthy 30 teams is far too many.

Just my take. I know once Bron's done Idc to watch the NBA, and once Brady's done Idc for the NFL really so it doesn't matter to me either way. I'm an efficiency guy so I'll always favor cutting the fat