Euro sensation Luka Doncic: Potential Number #1 Pick in 2018

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
You think Porter could go 1?

Sidenote: I mentioned it in the Knick thread, Jackson starting to hit the 3, could see him giving Fultz a run for the 1 if he keeps that up.

I know people I respect have hinted that he may be a better prospect than any of the 16 kids. He's a year old for his grade but I like Porter as a prospect a lot.

I think JJ could give Fultz a run for the first pick. But he's gotta get that FT pct up. But like you said he's been shooting around 43 percent from 3 since conf play has started. He's a good fit for NY/LA.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I think MPJ is definitely the first pick

Donic isn't athletic enough. Ayton is more hype then substance and Bamba is pretty bad offensively

If Ayton's motor turns up, he is the consensus number one. No question but thats a huge if.

Bamba may be bad offensively but he will anchor multiple number one defenses.

MP is cool but I don't know if he is just a taller Harrison Barnes til I see him at the college level.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Dragan bender comes over and they still tryna figure out what position he playing number 4 pick

Dario Saric was a potential top 5 pick and he's ok.

I'm not saying he won't be good but number 1? Number 1 picks need to be taking over games
it doesn't work that way overseas. Youngins rarely get that green light, if ever. That's why Doncic is getting so much pub, because he's doing in for Real.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
You think Porter could go 1?

Sidenote: I mentioned it in the Knick thread, Jackson starting to hit the 3, could see him giving Fultz a run for the 1 if he keeps that up.
Jackson's in the conversation simply because not every lotto bound team needs a PG.

I don't know if would go with Fultz or Smith anyway at #1 the way they half-ass games at times. Granted both of those guys play for wack ass programs, but damn. As long as Jackson isn't #SelfMade, he should be ok.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
If u a number one pick playing euro ball you gotta be putting up better numbers then that. I know they say they don't play the young guys and all that I'm finding shots, I'm getting more rebounds, I'm getting more steals im locking down the other team best player. I hope I'm wrong though but that euro "star" is pretty rare. They turn into good role guys majority of the time

Doing all that from the bench?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Hmm I remember a certain Spaniard garnering similar attention. No thanks :hhh:
Doncic is Slovenian

and the only similarity is that they came from the ACB. :smh: you're just looking for reasons to not like the kid, yet Philly's hoping to draft back to back collegiate losers

Doing all that from the bench?

Draymond numbers off the bench :birdman:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
My thing is even if you think what he is doing in Euroleague translates, is it even enough?

He can pass his off, has a solid but unspectacular handle, can shoot out to 3 and has flashed a post-up game but he has never shown to be a volume scorer or great defender at that level. I'm not taking a guy whose an all around player but can't give me 20 a night nor stay in front of his man.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I remain highly skeptical of any Euro guards they're always hyping up: Rubio, Hezonja, etc.

My theory is that Euro bigmen are much safer bets than Euro guards because lateral quickness/speed doesn't matter nearly as much and strength/physicality translates at any level which the Euroleague is a grown man league.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
My theory is that Euro bigmen are much safer bets than Euro guards because lateral quickness/speed doesn't matter nearly as much and strength/physicality translates at any level which the Euroleague is a grown man league.
Another reason though is those bigs tend to stay longer and even the ones that declare early get stashed.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Jackson's in the conversation simply because not every lotto bound team needs a PG.

I don't know if would go with Fultz or Smith anyway at #1 the way they half-ass games at times. Granted both of those guys play for wack ass programs, but damn. As long as Jackson isn't #SelfMade, he should be ok.
I'd take Ball before Fultz or Smith.