Even More Proof that Billboard Should Make a New Rank For Pre & Post Streaming Era

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
No fan of Drake but #1s are #1s. People have all kinds of stupid conspiracies on this site but no one who knows what they’re talking about thinks the numbers are manipulated.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No fan of Drake but #1s are #1s. People have all kinds of stupid conspiracies on this site but no one who knows what they’re talking about thinks the numbers are manipulated.

It's not the numbers are manipulated, its more so that streaming is put on the same footing as songs that were actually purchased and/or received a lot of airplay. I mean you can't really compare streams (even if it takes 1500 streams to equal a purchase). It ain't the same. You couldn't pull out a phone and access ANY song. It actually took effort whether it was buying the single from the store, hitting up a request line, or even downloading it off iTunes.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
It's not the numbers are manipulated, it’s more so that streaming is put on the same footing as songs that were actually purchased and/or received a lot of airplay. I mean you can't really compare streams (even if it takes 1500 streams to equal a purchase). It ain't the same. You couldn't pull out a phone and access ANY song. It actually took effort whether it was buying the single from the store, hitting up a request line, or even downloading it off iTunes.
The music business is making more money than ever and people are paying for music at record rates.
We are measuring exactly what is being listened to and how much far more accurately than at any time in history.
I guess you could have a pre and post streaming designation or something but you’re always gonna have a list of what’s at the top I struggle to see the difference.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
U can’t compare streams to actual sales no matter HOW u slice it. Music is the only form of entertainment that tries to pull that shyt.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The music business is making more money than ever and people are paying for music at record rates.
We are measuring exactly what is being listened to and how much far more accurately than at any time in history.
I guess you could have a pre and post streaming designation or something but you’re always gonna have a list of what’s at the top I struggle to see the difference.

That is a myth. The music industry may be making more money than it has been in years, but definitely not more money than ever.

And no streaming isn't any more accurate than previous methods.

The difference is a stream isn't the same as a sale. You can't put a single that physically sold 10 million units on the same footing as one that streamed whatever metric they made equivalent to 10 million units.

Gangstar8

All Star
Daps
This is why drake is now the GOAT
Not biggie
And definitely not Tupac who isn't top 5