even tho Jay lost the battle to Nas I think The Takover still knocks

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I liked Takeover's "I'm addressing all beefs" more than Ether.

But Ether was sooooo personal, you knew it stung Jay.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I thought similarly about Dre Day and Real MF G’z.

Dre Day is a little better overall but Real MF G’z definitely has better disses.

I liked Kool Mee Dee’s disses towards LL more than vice versa, but LL’s songs were better. It was the early 90s and KMD was still rapping like it was 1984.

Superstar
Daps
"Smarten up, Nas" and "Four albums in ten years, nikka? I can divide" are two of Jay's all-time best lines. :russ:

"Ether" just ended up being a nuke that Jay couldn't respond to if he tried. The third verse alone made it impossible.

Takeover is one of my favorite songs ever simply because of the audacity of the shyt talking and jokes lol.

:mjlol:
“Who showed you ya first TEC on tour with Large Professor (ME! THAT’S WHO!”)

“You little fukk I got money stacks bigger than you…”

“fukk you tryin to kick knowledge?!”

A back and forth between 2001 Jay and Killa Season Cam would have been the most hilarious record battle of all time.

Superstar
Daps
I was just thinking this.
Takeover is a better song than Ether to me and really was a better Prodigy diss than Nas diss. But Ether focused entirely on Jay.
So I get it, Nas got the better of Jay in their battle, but Takeover is a better record than Ether.

What they did to Prodigy was the equivalent of Jay winning a royal rumble to the point of only having Nas left to fight, Prodigy running down the ramp from backstage only to get KO’d from a chair Jay threw outside the ring, then Nas getting pushed over the rope and being saved because he was able to land on and jump off a recovering Prodigy, and get back in the ring lol.

P my nikka but it was still funny that he was the only one to get shyt on by both Jay and Nas lol.

Last edited:

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I thought similarly about Dre Day and Real MF G’z.

Dre Day is a little better overall but Real MF G’z definitely has better disses.

I liked Kool Mee Dee’s disses towards LL more than vice versa, but LL’s songs were better. It was the early 90s and KMD was still rapping like it was 1984.
Moe Dee was ahead of his time with the Treacherous. You hear a lot of influence on Kane in his style. His song with Kane going back and forth was extreme lyricism and they did it with Jazz legends that most are no longer here with us.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
What they did to Prodigy was the equivalent of Jay winning a royal rumble to the point of only having Nas left to fight, Prodigy running down the ramp from backstage only to get KO’d from a chair Jay threw outside the ring, then Nas getting pushed over the rope and being saved because he was able to land on and jump off a recovering Prodigy, and get back in the ring lol.

P my nikka but it was still funny that he was the only one to get shyt on by both Jay and Nas lol.
I just pictured this in my head and :dead:

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps

:dead:

word, not to speak ill of the deceased, but Prodigy got dissed by both Jay AND Nas, and before that 2pac dissed him

everybody takes L's, but Prodigy arguably took the worst, I mean you get dissed by Pac, Jay, AND Nas, lmao

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

word, not to speak ill of the deceased, but Prodigy got dissed by both Jay AND Nas, and before that 2pac dissed him

everybody takes L's, but Prodigy arguably took the worst, I mean you get dissed by Pac, Jay, AND Nas, lmao
What's the difference, Jay and Nas got dissed by all three as well. (And Nas had Biggie going at him on top).

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Jay was not duckin’ smoke
he is just masterful at sublimals to the point where nikkas today try to do their half ass subs and they get figured out instantly

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
What's the difference, Jay and Nas got dissed by all three as well. (And Nas had Biggie going at him on top).

because Jay won a battle with Prodigy, Nas won his battle vs Jay, and Pac dropped imo the greatest diss track of all time, and the Hit Em Up video was hilarious too.

But as far as mainstream rappers Prodigy always took an L

that's the difference breh

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

P gave as good as he got to Pac.

Also got a few good shots in on Nas.
Yous a notebook crook with loose leaf beef
A backseat criminal who pass the heat
To somebody that blast the heat