even tho Jay lost the battle to Nas I think The Takover still knocks

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps

P gave as good as he got to Pac.

Also got a few good shots in on Nas.

Drop a Gem On Em was I'll, but it wasn't better than Hit Em Up, I mean he didn't even drop a diss on the verse, just clowned him for having sickle cell saying "you fvck around with me you'll have a seizure or heart attack"

but I understand where you're coming from

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
because Jay won a battle with Prodigy, Nas won his battle vs Jay, and Pac dropped imo the greatest diss track of all time, and the Hit Em Up video was hilarious too.

But as far as mainstream rappers Prodigy always took an L

that's the difference breh
Meh.

I always thought both the Pac and Jay disses to P were corny. He has sickle cell and dressed like MJ as a kid :yeshrug:

The Nas thing stung because P has/had a history of QB rejecting him, I felt hurt when Nas dissed Prodigy :russ:(but I understood where he was coming from, P was on multiple joints with QB cats throwing shots at Nas).

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first of all at the time of the battle Jay Z and Nas were my two favorite rappers, just so yall know I don't have an agenda

but even tho Jay lost the battle to Nas I think The Takeover is a better overall song

first off the beat knocked in an upbeat soul sampled way, and even tho Jay lost he was still spittin

matter of fact The Takeover is the only battle song I will listen to on a nice sunny day

don't get me wrong, Nas won with Ether but I don't listen to Ether that much

I still listen to Hit Em Up too, most vicious battle rap ever imo

anybody else still like The Takeover as an overall song, and not just the disses
Takeover isn't a sped up soul beat. It's a classic rock loop. It's a dope sample but it's not soul.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Meh.

I always thought both the Pac and Jay disses to P were corny. He has sickle cell and dressed like MJ as a kid :yeshrug:

The Nas thing stung because P has/had a history of QB rejecting him, I felt hurt when Nas dissed Prodigy :russ:(but I understood where he was coming from, P was on multiple joints with QB cats throwing shots at Nas).

And he wasn’t even from QB.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
the doors flip

and the sample of David Bowie - Fame is wild corny :russ:

saying "You a ..... Lammmmmmmmmeee" is enough for me to not want to hear that shyt

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Takeover is a great song but Ether was a nuclear bomb of EPIC proportions that was a complete and thorough dismantling of Jay-Z as not only an MC, but as a MAN. Ether was so potent it made Jay look like a crazed stalker fan when he finally put out that he slept with Carmen. It vindicated Nas’s claims even more that Jay was little more than a scorned stan desperately seeking attention.

Nas was able to completely flip the script on Jay’s entire persona. Had this man on LIVE RADIO stuttering and saying it was “Uneasy” and “Vulgar”.

Takeover doesn’t have that type of legacy, the only “Ohhh” factor attached to it is Jay putting Prodigy’s Michael Jackson pictures on the summer jam stage. Which is why Prodigy lost. And the reason people don’t give Jay points for dismantling Prodigy is because Prodigy never really stepped in the ring. He was an afterthought as soon as Nas dropped Ether, and the sad thing is Prodigy couldn’t even wave the QB flag on that victory because Nas turned around and absolutely shytTED on him with Destroy & Rebuild. Both Nas and Jay made P seem like he was nothing more than an undercard and he did little to nothing to change that perception. No comeback for Jay. No comeback for Nas. Felt like he folded.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Takeover isn't a sped up soul beat. It's a classic rock loop. It's a dope sample but it's not soul.

yeah you right, didn't mean to say "soul", lol

In your opinion is Kanye West one of the goats at sampling almost anything ?

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Jay lost unequivocally

Takeover is not better than Ether but it is a great track nonetheless

It's ok to appreciate both Ether and Takeover

my point exactly, thanks for seeing that

Takeover is a great song but Ether was a nuclear bomb of EPIC proportions that was a complete and thorough dismantling of Jay-Z as not only an MC, but as a MAN. Ether was so potent it made Jay look like a crazed stalker fan when he finally put out that he slept with Carmen. It vindicated Nas’s claims even more that Jay was little more than a scorned stan desperately seeking attention.

Nas was able to completely flip the script on Jay’s entire persona. Had this man on LIVE RADIO stuttering and saying it was “Uneasy” and “Vulgar”.

Takeover doesn’t have that type of legacy, the only “Ohhh” factor attached to it is Jay putting Prodigy’s Michael Jackson pictures on the summer jam stage. Which is why Prodigy lost. And the reason people don’t give Jay points for dismantling Prodigy is because Prodigy never really stepped in the ring. He was an afterthought as soon as Nas dropped Ether, and the sad thing is Prodigy couldn’t even wave the QB flag on that victory because Nas turned around and absolutely shytTED on him with Destroy & Rebuild. Both Nas and Jay made P seem like he was nothing more than an undercard and he did little to nothing to change that perception. No comeback for Jay. No comeback for Nas. Felt like he folded.

lmao I remember Jay stuttering on the radio

but The Takeover definitely has a legacy, can't take that away from Jay

oh and Prodigy had some type of response for Jay, but it was so wack one of my homeboys laughed and was like "don't ever play that again", I will try to find it later, I haven't even finished my coffee yet breh