Ever been ripped off by a prominent individual? - Update - It was Daimond John

FSP

Banned
Daps
Sounds like you wanted a magic shortcut.
Everything he said is correct.

If I sit down face to face with Shaq and ask him how win at basketbll he is gonna tell me back them down and dunk. Score 28 points a game. shyt like that.

He is 100% correct, but the problem is I'm 5'9 maybe 5'10 ay best. So I can't execute his advice.
But the advice is still valid and accurate.

Not being able to crowdfund or do customer outreach is a personal problem not a flaw in the advice. He didn't give you bs advice in my opinion.
Reading a crowdfunding book might put you down a road of reading other business books. You might find the one you need cause of that.

So try and focus, write down what he said verbatim so you don't forget any of it and really look in depth at what he said and think about it. That is a highly experienced business owner. Just being able to tell others he has consulted for your business adds value to it through something known as edification. It boosts your whole brand. You should list that on your business website (if you have one). Don't underestimate him. You just gotta understand what it is you paid for... so write it down and seriouosly study it. Stop ridiculing it cause its already paid for. Utilize it.
Breh it's not sound advice if you can't put any of it into context. And especially if it seems the agent gave no effort to earn what he was being paid for. Sorry, it's not accurate if Shaq is telling you to play like a 7'2 center at 5'10. Something better would be "work hard" "no days off" "eat right" "get good coaching" stuff that's actually applicable to your situation

I'm sure people get hustled all the time by people who already have money because they believe in their head that what they proceed to say must be good advice no matter what.

Who then proceeds to tell you cookie cutter garbage you could have googled in 5 min.

When your name & brand have enough clout you no longer have to do work to get paid, you can just collect money to show up. I believe thats what some guy alluded to in his post about celebrity club appearances. Don't downplay his total scam of a job just because his name is Daymond John.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I've seen the ad promoting his face to face. It definitely gives the impression of uncommon advice geared specifically to your business.

If this is truly all he offered you, I don't blame you for feeling played.

Recap and be sure this was all he offered. Sometimes we get so caught up on one thing that we forget to focus on other points.

Denzel_Saucegton

L.T.P.F.J.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Amexem
I saw this happen to Tyga.

He got booked at this one club but came to my club because his DJ was there. The other promoters legit came into the club and snatched his backpack off him and took their money back and the money he made from his show.
Rack city bih...rack rack city bih...:mjlol:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not surprised, he's a hustler....in business there isn't no special strategies. You just gotta keep tried g things until something pop

Daps
Did you come to him with a solid business plan? Did you present your startup? Do you have actual hands on markups?

Seems like either he was an a$$hole or you didn't present in a way to make him interested.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I lost my last $2,000 recently and it hurts still lol

I own a startup that sold allot of units, but I have issues gaining traction.

I recently came across some info that a famous entrepreneur (I dont want to mention his name)

who we all know, offers consulting for a few thousand dollars.

This individual is definitely a legitimate businessman. He's known by millions of people, worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

I was real excited to be able to meet this person to have a face to face meeting and was looking forward to the advice he would give me to grow this company.

However, the meeting did not go as I expected lol smh

All he did was give out common sense, generic advice such as :

"you should try crowdfunding"

"you should re-engage your customers that havent re-ordered your product"

"you should try facebook advertising"

And with these examples that I posted up, he didn't even offer me any unique strategies of going about it

Like with the crowdfunding for example, he just suggested that I go pick up a book on crowdfunding lol

Or with re-engaging my previous customers, he told me that I should send out a email to them offering them a discount coupon.

wow I never thought of that before :ohmy:

Man, after the meeting, I was in shock for a minute, like I can't believe that I spend my last $2,000 on this shyt.

I'm a dude that lives paycheck to paycheck smh

Anyways, you live and you learn

I don't see a problem with this. Beyond the $2,000 he took he had nothing to gain from offering you advice. If he had owned a piece of your business then he would have taken the time to muster a unique strategy for success. Otherwise, why would he give a shyt? Why would he make someone else rich if he wasn't going to profit from it? (beyond the measly $2,000) The world doesn't work like that.

FSP

Banned
Daps
I don't see a problem with this. Beyond the $2,000 he took he had nothing to gain from offering you advice. If he had owned a piece of your business then he would have taken the time to muster a unique strategy for success. Otherwise, why would he give a shyt? Why would he make someone else rich if he wasn't going to profit from it? (beyond the measly $2,000) The world doesn't work like that.
Ya'll are some jerkoffs if you really can't see a problem with charging top dollar for that lame kindergarten advice. He wasn't doing charity work, he got paid 2k for 30 minutes and couldn't bother to offer anything beyond a 5 minute google search. Ya'll are crazy, I would be fukking pissed. If you call that business then i got some boys in Nigeria who would like to speak with you.