Everyone talking about getting in the gym. Nobody talking about getting in the kitchen.

Daps
My wife and I did this diet called the fast metabolism diet. It says you can lose 20 lbs in 28 days. I lost about 18. It can be restrictive but most things you can eat. It’s more about when you can eat certain types of food. But it does eliminate dairy and soy as those can mess with your hormone levels and metabolism. After the first 28 days you can then either do it once a week every month or the full 28 days every quarter to maintain.

I say all that to say, the book came with some recipes that we ended up really liking and we plan to incorporate them into our normal meal schedules. One in particular is a steak salad.

Recipe:
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
1/4 cup diced red onions
1/4 cup diced red peppers
1/4 cup diced green chiles
1T fresh cilantro
1/2 fresh squeezed lime
— Toss All ingredients in a bowl

4-5oz Steak (Beef tenderloin or strip steak)
— Season with salt, pepper and minced garlic. Broil to desired doneness. Slice and serve on top of salad

Salad Dressing
1/2 cup peeled chopped cucumber
1T balsamic vinegar
1 clove of ginger
1 tsp cilantro
1/4 tsp stevia (no aftertaste after mixing)
1/4 tsp salt
— Blend until smooth and serve over steak and salad

It can take a while to prepare so I usually cut up all the veggies and herbs ahead of time and make a large batch of the salad dressing so all I have to do is mix the ingredients and make the steak. There are other recipes and healthier snacks that I like too. For example, sprouted wheat toast (Killer Dave’s brand) with raw almond butter and a little sea salt is good little snack that isn’t unhealthy.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Speak on it
I was one of those people who went to the gym faithfully for years and was just looking like a swole thick jail nikka cause I would come home and eat a whole frozen pizza and a bag of chips
Recently I been eating better and my body shows it

I shop the perimeter of the grocery store: meat, veggies, fruit, and some dairy. barely have any processed shyt in my house
I also shop at an organic market called Sprouts instead of Aldi now.
Cut out the chips for fruit, cut way down on carbs

recently for a cheat day I had a chicken parm sandwich on a garlic bread roll :dead:
it was good as hell but i got sick afterwards i honestly regretted eating that shyt

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I smoke and eat what I want. Good genetics, 6 5 210, would like to bulk but that aspect is difficult. Cooking good food for yourself is paramount

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Fresh broccoli?
I’m assuming fresh.

You ever buy the frozen broccoli? You try to cook it and it’s a sad, soggy mess.

:scusthov:
You gotta roast/ air fry it. Costco got the best, then WF. Everybody else just be giving mad little baby florets.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Speak on it
I was one of those people who went to the gym faithfully for years and was just looking like a swole thick jail nikka cause I would come home and eat a whole frozen pizza and a bag of chips
Recently I been eating better and my body shows it

I shop the perimeter of the grocery store: meat, veggies, fruit, and some dairy. barely have any processed shyt in my house
I also shop at an organic market called Sprouts instead of Aldi now.
Cut out the chips for fruit, cut way down on carbs

recently for a cheat day I had a chicken parm sandwich on a garlic bread roll :dead:
it was good as hell but i got sick afterwards i honestly regretted eating that shyt
I've noticed when you eat clean for long periods of time and try to reintroduce junk food into your diet your body don't feel right.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Avoid white sugar, white flour, white rice, and other starchy shyt that's not whole grain. Don't drink anything other than water unless you're making a smoothie from scratch with whole fruits and vegetables. That's honestly half the game right there, if you just do that much and otherwise eat whatever you want, you'll be better off than 90% of Americans.

Personally, I also avoid fatty meats, don't eat bacon/sausage/bbq/processed meats at all, avoid processed food in general in favor of cooking whole foods from scratch, buy the healthier oils (olive, canola, sunflower), and eat lots of fruits/vegetables with good variety.
No bacon? You bugging.

UNATTACHED

OMG What happened to Virgil?
Daps
To those of yall who love bacon and sausage try looking for any uncured versions of them. They don't have the nitrates that the regulars do.

The advice about focusing on eating whole foods is probably the most important thing to remember. Try to eat items with as few ingredients as possible. These food companies be putting all types of shyt in their stuff.

There's an app called Yuka where it lets you scan food and cosmetics and shows you if there's any bad ingredients in that item.

Yall also should start cooking with avacado oil. It has a high smoke point so you can cook at high heats with it unlike the pure olive oil

Fresh broccoli?
I’m assuming fresh.

You ever buy the frozen broccoli? You try to cook it and it’s a sad, soggy mess.

:scusthov:
I get the frozen broccoli that you steam in the bag and it comes out pretty good. You should try that if you haven't. Eventually I'm gonna stop getting that and get fresh broccoli instead tho.
Butter is the unhealthy ingredient that's hardest for me to let go...
You should try clarified butter. Is also called ghee and its basically butter with the dairy part of it removed. You can make it at home too with regular butter.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Fats are pretty much essential and the demonization of them as what makes you fat (It isn't) is mind games 101 on the collective. You need cholesterol to create testosterone as its a precursor.

There is so much more to all of this but in general take what you think you know about nutrition and flip it to have a clearer pic. Evidence? Look at the world the common knowledge built as you observe the people waddling around wheezing and compare that to the 80s when the chunky kid would now be seen as thin.

Has anyone ever noticed how much bigger they've made furniture, clothes and vehicles from the 80s to now? All to hide the fact that people are blowing up as well.

car-size-evolution_530x706.jpg

Quite a clever camera trick because a vintage XL is like a current day Medium at best. In effect the world grew into the baggy threads we rocked back when and now they're skin tight on some...

Consumed by their own consumption. Just like the Game wants...

Yas

Banned
Bushed
Daps
So just eat snickers bars and stay in a calorie deficit.

Great advice.
If you aren't an idiot you would understand what I mean it's not complicated if the average man is suppose to eat 2,500 calories a day he can technically eat some sneakers and still lose weight. Weight loss in theory isn't complicated it's just that food can be addicting to some people.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you aren't an idiot you would understand what I mean it's not complicated if the average man is suppose to eat 2,500 calories a day he can technically eat some sneakers and still lose weight. Weight loss in theory isn't complicated it's just that food can be addicting to some people.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
get that “I eat for function and not for taste” mentality.

I eat the same foods everyday to the point where it’s just routine. Cheat day on Sunday. fukk a cheat meal, I take the whole day.
Ehhh anything I eat I enjoy.

I eat a homemade salad, salmon daily. Best believe I’m enjoying the taste

People fall off because they treat dieting/working out like a chore.

I love my gym days & prepping my meals