Ex-Transgender Says That Transgender Identity Is A Mental Illness

Do You Agree With This Person?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
This should be common knowledge. Transgenderism is just more European insanity. There is no documented history of Afrikans engaging in "white sex" before the maafa.
The Maale tribe in Ethiopia has been documented in participating in non binary activities.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I just post the news breh that's all.
This ain't news. You took a thread from LSA and cross-posted it here.

Go and read up on this person before spreading their shyt around.

What The Media Should Know About Walt Heyer And "Transition Regrets"

But while he was granted a platform to comment on transgender issues, Heyer's experience isn't reflective of the experiences of the overwhelming majority of transgender people; he even admits that he was "misdiagnosed" and was actually suffering with "a dissociative disorder that required talk therapy, not surgery." His views about transitioning aren't rooted in research or medical expertise. The idea that many transgender people experience "transition regrets" has been widely debunked and contradicts the positions of major professional medical organizations, which all view transitioning as an important and beneficial step for people who identify with a gender identity that doesn't correspond with their biological sex.

When he's not appearing on a major cable news network, Heyer is a source of extreme transphobic commentary. He's alled gender reassignment surgery a "modern day frontal lobotomy," asserted that parents who help their children transition should be punished with "at least 20 years in prison," and has called Chaz Bono a "poser transgender" because "she has resisted having a 'Snoopy' attached."

That kind of extremism has made Heyer a favorite of anti-gay hate groups, including MassResistance and Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, who tout his story as proof that being transgender is a mental problem that can be treated or cured. But it also makes Heyer an odd choice for mainstream media outlets, which should be emphasizing the commentary of experts rather than fringe voices.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
This ain't news. You took a thread from LSA and cross-posted it here.

Go and read up on this person before spreading their shyt around.

What The Media Should Know About Walt Heyer And "Transition Regrets"

But while he was granted a platform to comment on transgender issues, Heyer's experience isn't reflective of the experiences of the overwhelming majority of transgender people; he even admits that he was "misdiagnosed" and was actually suffering with "a dissociative disorder that required talk therapy, not surgery." His views about transitioning aren't rooted in research or medical expertise. The idea that many transgender people experience "transition regrets" has been widely debunked and contradicts the positions of major professional medical organizations, which all view transitioning as an important and beneficial step for people who identify with a gender identity that doesn't correspond with their biological sex.

When he's not appearing on a major cable news network, Heyer is a source of extreme transphobic commentary. He's alled gender reassignment surgery a "modern day frontal lobotomy," asserted that parents who help their children transition should be punished with "at least 20 years in prison," and has called Chaz Bono a "poser transgender" because "she has resisted having a 'Snoopy' attached."

That kind of extremism has made Heyer a favorite of anti-gay hate groups, including MassResistance and Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, who tout his story as proof that being transgender is a mental problem that can be treated or cured. But it also makes Heyer an odd choice for mainstream media outlets, which should be emphasizing the commentary of experts rather than fringe voices.
I admit I get some of my news from there. That's no secret. I just don't say the name because the mods told me not to.