Exactly how did Pan Africanism disadvantage African Americans? And why no smoke for integration?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I see this said often and I'm still unsure of what it actually "did" to hurt us. It's largely been a cultural phenomenon. Clothing, books, movies, music, etc. There's almost zero policy affected by it, if any at all-- Or am I unaware??? I mean, white women ate off Affirmative Action, etc.

There's also this notion that "we've tried it and it didn't work/doing anything for us"-- Well what about integration??? Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of us see it for what it's been. Even King said he integrated us into a burning house, but it's strangely missing from all this discussion on reparations and identity :patrice: And I hope we all can after it's been objectively worse than dashikis and medallions, so yeah... what's up with that?

Daps
Black have always gave smoke to integration and spoke on the negatives of integration and how it wasn't good for blacks.

People have had issues with pan africanism in paticular ados/fba cause we was the only group saying we all black and fighting for it.

Most other ethnic groups really look out for themselves first and the interest of they etnic group.

This is u with another ados/ fba thread twisting the truth

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Black have always gave smoke to integration and spoke on the negatives of integration and how it wasn't good for blacks.

People have had issues with pan africanism in paticular ados/fba cause we was the only group saying we all black and fighting for it.

Most other ethnic groups really look out for themselves first and the interest of they etnic group.

I acknowledged it in the OP and even pointed out the fact that King did too. My point is, you're not hearing that in these current discussions, just that we were locked out of wealth. Not that integration failed, "looking out for ourselves" hasn't made the logical step of separation, etc.

Supper

All Star
Daps
There are three types of integration ideologies prominent in the African-American community.

American intergrationist- shirk all ties to your race/ethnicity and only focus on and acknowledge and give your loyalty based on your nationality as an American

Humanist - shirk all ties to any particular demographic and only focus on and acknowledge your humanity.

Flattened blackness- Shirk all ties to your ethnicity, culture, heritage, and nationality and only focus on, acknowledge, and give your loyality based your black skin/race(Pan Afircanism is basically the same but just African centered).

All three want us as AADOS to be the main mules and torch bearers of said agenda at the behest of everyone else involved. American intergrationist believe AAs are obligated to be more patriotic and sacrifice more for this country than all other americans even though we already have and have been the most oppressed by it historically. Humanist believe AAs are obligated to drop everything and fight for the rights of all human being across the globe even though they don't do the same for us. Pan Africanist/Flattened blackness adherents believe that AAs are obligated to be on the front lines carry the torch for the entire black race/people of (sub saharan)African descent globally even though other black groups don't lift so much as a finger to do so, hence their bleaching cultures, and are hyper nationalist and ethnic centered in all situations save for when they can leach off AAs.

American intergrationist tells me that the slave owner is my "American brother"(and often that we should mimick his way of life in order to be successful US citizens like him). The FB/PA ideologue tells me that the slave trader is my "black brother"(and often that he has a superior culture that we "lost" and should "return to"). And the humanist tells me that both of them are my brothers in humanity and that's all that matters.

All of them seek to erase AADOS identity in their own way, and I'm against all three. Afr'Ams are a unique ethnicity group with a culture, heritage, and history of our own with our own agenda for which is the only group we're obligated to give our loyalty to.

Last edited:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
There are three types of integration ideology prominent in the African-American community.

American intergrationist- shirk all ties to your race/ethnicity and only focus on and acknowledge and give your loyalty based on your nationality as an American

Humanist - shirk all ties to any particular demographic and only focus on and acknowledge your humanity.

Flattened blackness- Shirk all ties to your ethnicity, culture, heritage, and nationality and only focus on, acknowledge, and give your loyality based your black skin/race(Pan Afircanism is basically the same but just African centered).

All three want us as AADOS to be the main mules and torch bearers of said agenda at the behest of everyone else involved. American intergrationist believe AAs are obligated to be more patriotic and sacrifice more for this country than all other americans even though we already have and have been the most oppressed by it historically. Humanist believe AAs are obligated to drop everything and fight for the rights of all human being across the globe even though they don't do the same for us. Pan Africanist/Flattened blackness adherents believe that AAs are obligated to be on the front lines carry the torch for the entire black race/people of (sub saharan)African descent even though other black groups don't lift so much as a finger to do so, hence their bleaching cultures, and a hyper nationalist and ethnic centered in all situations save for when they can leach off AAs.

American intergrationist tells me that the slave owner is my "American brother"(and often that we should mimick his superior way of life). The FB/PA ideologue tells me that the slave trader is by "black brother"(and often that he has a superior culture that we should "return to"). And the humanist tells me that both of them are my brothers in humanity and that's all that matters.

All of them seek to erase AADOS identity in their own way, and I'm against all three. Afr'Ams are a unique ethnicity group with a culture, heritage, and history of our own with our own agenda for which is the only group we're obligated to give our loyalty to.
So are you talking separatism? What's the proper stance?

Supper

All Star
Daps
So are you talking separatism? What's the proper stance?

I'm ethnically centered. Simple as. It's impossible to completely separate from all other humans in the globe EVEN if we did have our own nation.

But we can be centered in and immersed in our own community, culture, heritage, and agenda while being a lot more vigilant with who we allow into our community and/or makes use of our culture or heritage.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

:mjlol:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
There are three types of integration ideology prominent in the African-American community.

All three want us as AADOS to be the main mules and torch bearers of said agenda at the behest of everyone else involved. American intergrationist believe AAs are obligated to be more patriotic and sacrifice more for this country than all other americans even though we already have and have been the most oppressed by it historically. Humanist believe AAs are obligated to drop everything and fight for the rights of all human being across the globe even though they don't do the same for us. Pan Africanist/Flattened blackness adherents believe that AAs are obligated to be on the front lines carry the torch for the entire black race/people of (sub saharan)African descent globally even though other black groups don't lift so much as a finger to do so, hence their bleaching cultures, and are hyper nationalist and ethnic centered in all situations save for when they can leach off AAs.

American intergrationist tells me that the slave owner is my "American brother"(and often that we should mimick his superior way of life). The FB/PA ideologue tells me that the slave trader is by "black brother"(and often that he has a superior culture that we should "return to"). And the humanist tells me that both of them are my brothers in humanity and that's all that materasur...
and I'm against all three. Afr'Ams are a unique ethnicity group with a culture, heritage, and history of our own with our own agenda for which is the only group we're obligated to give our loyalty to.
I had to come back to this cuz I'm still unsure... how exactly has Pan Africanism disadvantaged us?

Separate point but I'm kinda lost on the bolded. America is the home we built but integrating further into it is erasure??? But backing away from American norms is erasure too???