Exactly What Happened Between Bruce Wayne And Barbara That Estranged dikk Grayson On Batman Beyond

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08...anged-dikk-grayson-on-batman-beyond-spoilers/

Exactly What Happened Between Bruce Wayne And Barbara Gordon That So Estranged dikk Grayson On Batman Beyond? (SPOILERS)
Posted on August 12, 2014 by Rich Johnston

The comic book Batman Beyond 2.0 is set two years after the end of the cartoon series Batman Beyond. The future Batman, Terry McGinnis, has partnered with the grown up dikk Grayson, joining the series as his mentor, rather than the elderly Bruce Wayne from the animation.

The current arc explains why dikk Grayson was never seen in the TV show. And also what the rift between dikk and Bruce was. And how it involved Barbara Gordon, Batgirl.

The cartoon suggested in one episode that Bruce Wayne had a relationship with Barbara Gordon at one point.

However last week’s comic went a bit further.

Not only did we learn about Barbara and dikk’s blossoming relationship back in the day… but that the timing was rather awkward.

Basically, Batman got Batgirl pregnant while she was still involved with dikk Grayson. And rather that let Barbara tell dikk, Bruce got in there first. Telling dikk about he and Barbara…

But also about Barbara’s current condition.

At which point Barbara Gordon took to the streets, engaged in a battle and, it is certainly suggested at the end of the last issue, had a miscarriage.

So you can see why things in the future Batcave may have gotten a little… tense?

Anyway, from that point on, Batman always added these to his utility belt.

Damn, Bruce is wrong for that one. :wow:

Did Robin dirty. :wow:

Last edited:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I have seen so many angry nerds whining about this storyline. It cracks me up.:lolbron:
Bruce Wayne is a dirty mofo for fukking dikk's girl though.
I remember when that hit the first time, and dudes just looked the other way like it didn't happen. Straight up mentally retconned that from memory :russ:

I love that storyline :yeshrug:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
He did, too. Such a DOPE dynamic that played out in the semi-background. That ep where dikk was explaining to Tim how they broke down - and he laid OUT the GAWD in one right hook :wow:

It's real on them Gotham rooftops, brehs :to:
Dope issue. thinking of making this a daily purchase or at least weekly.
I have seen so many angry nerds whining about this storyline. It cracks me up.:lolbron:
Bruce Wayne is a dirty mofo for fukking dikk's girl though.
damn going to buy that comic.

:ohlawd: I've never read a DC Comic in my life, but I'm gonna have to read this because this was never explained it on the show.

:lupe: Brehs, does the Batman Beyond comics share the same continuity as the DCAU/Timmverse?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Did they explain the exact circumstances of Bruce sleeping with Barbara? Theres gotta be more to the story because Bruce ain't just gonna do the homie dikk like THAT right?