Executive order for HBCUs on the way?

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Omarosa Manigault Is Allegedly Working With President Trump to Draft an Executive Order on HBCUs
After President Trump held a listening session to commence the White House’s celebration of Black History Month, sources reported that his administration is working on an executive order regarding historically Black colleges and universities.

During the session, Trump made some less-than-informed remarks on Frederick Douglass, leading many to assume the president knows very little about Black history. However, later on in the session, Omarosa Manigault brought up an executive order that will center around HBCUs, reported Buzzfeed News.

• The topic of HBCUs was brought up when Paris Dennard, a political commentator who works on strategic communications for the Thurgood Marshall College Fund, told Donald Trump that he has the potential to be the greatest.

Dennard told BuzzFeed News he told the president that his support of HBCUs is crucial and that the previous administration did little to help.
Trump asked what “the Harvard” of HBCUs was and when he was told Howard University, he asked how Howard was doing fiscally, with enrollment and how it had done under President Obama, reported Buzzfeed.

“He was shocked and upset to learn what happened under the previous administration,” Dennard told Buzzfeed News.

Attendees told Trump that although Howard was receiving federal funds, many other HBCUs were struggling.

After Trump asked what he could do, Manigault then said she was working on getting an executive order on HBCUs to President Trump, according to Buzzfeed.

Details of the order have not been discussed and sources tell Buzzfeed that it’s in the works.

Dennard and Manigault declined to comment on whether there was an executive order in the works.

“I can however reinforce the president’s commitment to support historically Black colleges and universities, as well as school choice, as he stated throughout the campaign,” Manigault said.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Dennard told BuzzFeed News he told the president that his support of HBCUs is crucial and that the previous administration did little to help.
Trump asked what “the Harvard” of HBCUs was and when he was told Howard University, he asked how Howard was doing fiscally, with enrollment and how it had done under President Obama, reported Buzzfeed.

“He was shocked and upset to learn what happened under the previous administration,” Dennard told Buzzfeed News.

This guy is on Obama's dikk. :pachaha:His policy is to ask what Obama did and do the opposite.

Yemen: *Finds out Obama halted operations* Trump ''go in there''

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Honestly Trump seems very easy to manipulate. Just say Obama did a better job and he will do whatever to try and upstage him.

Machine: Man, Obama didn't have the guts to give black people 1 million dollars each :troll:
Trump: :jbhmm: You're right Machine. He was weak, a weak man Machine. Pence, draft up an executive order for the blacks. I'm giving them a million each.
Pence: :whoa: I don't think your base.....
Machine: Don't worry, Obama cared a lot about his base too. You two have a lot in common :troll:
Trump: :jbhmm: :birdman: caring is a sign of weakness, I no longer care. My base will support anything I do. Cut the checks Paul.
Paul Ryan: But I'm not in charge of :snoop: nevermind....I'll get it done

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
If he does allocate additional funding I'll give him his props.

It goes completely against the ideology of his campaign and staff, but who knows. I'll just believe it when I see it.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Please keep this in perspective if something does come out.

You still have Jeff Sessions on the DOJ. You still have a conservative supreme court and federal courts that are overturning civil rights law. He removed money from Minority Business Development department .Removed white surpremacist terrorism from counter terrorist operations focus. Defunded the civil rights division of the DOJ. New head of the DOJ Civil rights divisions is a man who has defended racial gerrymandering in court several times.

Someone knocked me for "repeating the same things over and over again" and "fear mongering". I repeat myself because I know things like this will pop up to act as shiny distractions and people need to keep their eye on the ball.

Give individual props but don't let it define or overshadow more important and consequential things.

If Betsy Devos has any say, you'll probably won't have money to get aid to go to these private HBCUs in the future.

There is a whole forest here that must be watched.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
This is actually true, Obama was bad for HBCUs
Over the course of 7 years, the Obama Administration has invested more than $4 billion in HBCUs, because these institutions are vital engines of economic growth and proven ladders of advancement for generations of African Americans.

Under the Obama Administration, 1 million more African-American and Latino students have enrolled in college. What’s more, black and Hispanic students earned more than 270,000 more undergraduate degrees in 2013-2014 than in 2008-2009. This Administration remains focused on continuing to increase the number of students who successfully complete college. To that end, the Department has worked to make new opportunities available to HBCUs.

Federal funding to HBCUs has grown each year since 2009. Through the Higher Education Act, HBCUs received a $17 million funding increase this year—the largest increase for the federal Strengthening HBCUs program in six years. And President Obama’s FY 2017 budget seeks to maintain and strengthen these opportunities for HBCUs to build their capacity. The FY 2017 budget proposes $85 million in mandatory funding to HBCUs, an increase of $5 million from FY 2016, plus an additional $244.7 million in discretionary funds for Title III.

The Administration has also fought for and won a historic commitment to fully fund Pell Grants and expand student aid for millions of low-income students. Pell Grant funding for HBCU students increased significantly between 2007 and 2014, growing from $523 million to $824 million. This year, President Obama announced a plan to make sure that Pell Grants are fully funded, including inflationary adjustments, and used strategically by students to reduce time and cost for receiving a terminal degree. The President’s 2017 budget also proposes a $30 million HBCU and Minority Serving Institution Innovation for Completion Fund, to help students from low-income backgrounds overcome challenges and persist through graduation day.

The White House Initiative on HBCUs has undertaken robust outreach efforts to increase HBCUs’ awareness of and participation in federal programs, best practices in student success and to highlight the talents of HBCU students. For example, during the Obama Administration, the Initiative launched the HBCU All-Stars program, recognizing HBCU undergraduate, graduate, and professional students for their accomplishments in academics, leadership, and civic engagement. Over the course of the year, the HBCU All-Stars serve as ambassadors of the Initiative and advocates for the value of education and completion.
They did their part.