"Facts, Jay-Z is not on my level lyrically" - Papoose

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I liked that song. I loved R.I.P from he album too, possibly my favourite track. I don't think any rookie could do this...

:patrice:he's just one of them dudes that you know you supposed to consider nice because technically he is,but its that rippity rap lyricism that just don't move me...and its great lyricist who do that for me,Papoose even in his prime when i checked for em rarely did that....so whos fault is it?my ears or Papoose? He aint in that elite class,he's just "technically nice" like alotta east coast nikkas....I need more:manny:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh I know you as disgusted as i am at that nikka desecrating a Stacks classic :camby:

His album was supposed to come out for so long I wasn't sure which one came first,his version or Stacks:dead:...but I was still disgusted regardless:heh:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:he's just one of them dudes that you know you supposed to consider nice because technically he is,but its that rippity rap lyricism that just don't move me...and its great lyricist who do that for me,Papoose even in his prime when i checked for em rarely did that....so whos fault is it?my ears or Papoose? He aint in that elite class,he's just "technically nice" like alotta east coast nikkas....I need more:manny:

You don't have to like Papoose lol. I'm not the biggest Papoose fan in the world either lol, don't believe he's even in my top 30 or 40 MC's. My point originally was just he isn't garbage to the point where he shouldn't EVER rap again lol. He does his thing, he has some talent, but he has to do a lot more to be mentioned amoung the greats. Lyrically I felt his latest work been better than Jay's last work on a lyrical level, overall he isn't fukking with Jay, but how could he? He hasn't got the depth of quality Jay has from Reasonable Doubt etc.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don't have to like Papoose lol. I'm not the biggest Papoose fan in the world either lol, don't believe he's even in my top 30 or 40 MC's. My point originally was just he isn't garbage to the point where he shouldn't EVER rap again lol. He does his thing, he has some talent, but he has to do a lot more to be mentioned amoung the greats. Lyrically I felt his latest work been better than Jay's last work on a lyrical level, overall he isn't fukking with Jay, but how could he? He hasn't got the depth of quality Jay has from Reasonable Doubt etc.

We can agree on that,not that he's better than Jay no but that he shouldn't just quit like some people go overboard and say. As a Fab fan I hear the same things when I defend him due to some questionable lines he hasn't known when to scrap:camby:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We can agree on that,not that he's better than Jay no but that he shouldn't just quit like some people go overboard and say. As a Fab fan I hear the same things when I defend him due to some questionable lines he hasn't known when to scrap:camby:

That's all I was really saying, the overboard shyt is dumb, no-one really considers Pap one of the GOATS anyway.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
this kinda made me realize that jay is hard to rank lyrically.

jay in his lyrical prime would wipe the floor with papoose.

but post-streets is watching? i'd probably take pap over jay.

but come on pap. you cant tell me that jay aint a better lyricist than pac, big & krs.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beyonce---crop.jpg

hahahaahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahaaha!!! yooooo, never knew where that smilie was from

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the thing that kills me about pap is i remember him being a kid on those smg(smooth n triggas click), mixtapes back in the day. even that original version of alphabetical slaughter was crazy. he's payed his dues and been in the game for a very long time. i think he just started releasing too many mixtapes w/ kay slay to the point where instead of taking his time and perfecting his rhymes he was throwing anything out there. it's hard to say on point when all you do is release material. even worse you'd see people dikkriding lil wayne all the time when he's had as many if not more wack lines than papoose. on top of that half the lines i've read from posters aren't even that bad. maybe it's just like a fad to hate on dude...i really don't even know. for people to act like he was never nice is just a joke. being better than jay? couldn't tell you. i haven't listened to papoose in years.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the thing that kills me about pap is i remember him being a kid on those smg(smooth n triggas click), mixtapes back in the day. even that original version of alphabetical slaughter was crazy. he's payed his dues and been in the game for a very long time. i think he just started releasing too many mixtapes w/ kay slay to the point where instead of taking his time and perfecting his rhymes he was throwing anything out there. it's hard to say on point when all you do is release material. even worse you'd see people dikkriding lil wayne all the time when he's had as many if not more wack lines than papoose. on top of that half the lines i've read from posters aren't even that bad. maybe it's just like a fad to hate on dude...i really don't even know. for people to act like he was never nice is just a joke. being better than jay? couldn't tell you. i haven't listened to papoose in years.

True, released too much subpar shyt, sounded rushed and the quality control ain't that tight.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Its absolutely no contest...

however if you compare jay-z last album to papoose last mixtape they are in the same league...

thats the thing, jay been dropping subpar material for like a decade now, to the point its not subpar its par for jigga.

Reasonable Doubt, Streets Is Watching, even Blueprint Jigga is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Papoose.

MCHG Carter vs Papoose... ehhh

ehh, take blueprint out of there.

jay wasnt saying much on that elbum.