Fair Comedy or Jiving?

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
David Lucas a pretty funny comedian, best asset is prolly his crowd interaction

This video wild though start it at 4:10 if u ain’t tryna sit through the whole thing

Couple black folks in the crowd wasn’t rocking and told him foh and stepped

Patrice O’Neal did once say comedy should have 50 people laughing and 50 horrified :patrice:, what do y’all think?

Me personally I ain’t really think the joke is funny but I do think u should be prepared for whatever if u pulling up to a comedy show

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This didn't bother me. But I grew up in a time when Standup routinely produced these two reactions at the same time: :scusthov::russ:
This wasn't standup. It was a 16 minute video of a random nikka with a microphone vaping.

He wasn't roasting anybody or snapping. Didn't have any jokes or punchlines.

Really good comedians make the shyt look easy. "just say funny things!" So people just grab a mic and a camera and think they're Chappelle or Patrice O'Neal or some shyt.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
This wasn't standup. It was a 16 minute video of a random nikka with a microphone vaping.

He wasn't roasting anybody or snapping. Didn't have any jokes or punchlines.

Really good comedians make the shyt look easy. "just say funny things!" So people just grab a mic and a camera and think they're Chappelle or Patrice O'Neal or some shyt.
I hear you. I've watched quite a bit of standup, so I'm familiar with David Lucas. And his strength is doing crowd work and a lot of that is off the cuff.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hear you. I've watched quite a bit of standup, so I'm familiar with David Lucas. And his strength is doing crowd work and a lot of that is off the cuff.
True. Aries Spears is pretty much as skilled of a comedian as you can get when it comes to crowd work. He seamlessly can do his bit, engage/interact with the crowd, go back to the bit, tell quick jokes, crowd work. He's doesn't just chat or engage with the audience just to be doing it or do it while he works something out in his head.

You can look at that dudes face and head and hear in his voice when he was thinking. Maybe in 15 years if he keeps it up he will have enough experience and muscle memory under his belt, because crowd work and hecklers that shyt is a reflex. And as far as hecklers, great comedians won't lose the money. They may call someone out or a heckler is gonna do his thing but a great comedian will either get that guy laughing or cool him down to the point where they don't continue to heckle. If they storm out or get removed by security, that's called 'losing the money' and it's kind of a bad rap because even though people already paid, they probably won't see that comedian again, and they'll tell their friends, those friends will tell people, other comedians will tell others, then you can get those customers that just want to go fukk with this comedian they'll go with the intent to fukk with him just to receive engagement or try to throw him off.

Last edited:

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Yeah David was wildin. Joke didn’t make sense or corelate to anything. And instead of reading the audience and switching up, he tried to double/triple down on the joke ano rode the energy of those fans that just like edgy statements about black people coming from a black man. Going out like a black Michael Richards, saying things for reaction and focusing on getting your hecklers mad, at the cost of your crowd.

MasterThought

Superstar
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Yes , you can make the argument that his "I would've shot George Floyd" comment is "just jokes" but I personally can feel the anti-black energy from him even if it's disguised as "jokes". (He literally says he tells racist jokes to keep n1ggas away).

He uses the Nword excessively which alone makes my antenna goes up. Hearing him repeatedly slur another black man with "n1gga" over and over in front of white people was extremely cringy to me.

There's almost always a correlation between using that word and having little to no knowledge of self/ pride as a black person.

That's why I'm always cautious around black people that use the Nword. The Nword alot of times is used by black people because they have a subconscious DISDAIN / DISLIKE for other black people

The words you use to describe black people tells me all I need to know.

Shout out to the brother that showed some pride, called his George Floyd joke tasteless and got kicked out