fanboys are chemically in love with their consoles

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
If you've ever wondered why fanboys can behave like such unbelievable jerks, as surely anyone who's ever looked at an Internet comments thread has pondered, then this might come as a revealing insight: chemically, fanboys are basically in love with their consoles on a brain-chemical level. Diss their beloved Xbox, or Playstation, or whatever else, and it's like you're calling their girlfriend ugly to their face.

"It often takes time to develop such an irrational attachment to a product," explained Dr David Lewis-Hodgson, author of The Brain Sell and director of research at Mindlab International, in an interview with Kotaku UK. "Sometimes it’s like falling in love - what happens then is that you get a tsunami of a neurotransmitter called dopamine into the brain, which gives you a huge buzz. This happens with products, they can do exactly the same thing - in fact when we look at addictive behaviour, we find that people become addicted to products. The sight and touch of the product gives them a dopamine high."

So when you try to argue with a fanboy, you're causing them to behave as if you're criticising an actual person that they love? "Absolutely," he says.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Why are so many fukking stupid threads like this popping up?This console war is all in fun. I serious doubt it is taken beyond this forum by any of us even @PS4. These wars ain't no different than a sports, movie, political debate :yeshrug: it's just fun. We don't care as much as outsiders think. It's just fun

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Well, the guy doing the study isn't a gamer
And since I'm a doctor of thangs, and a gamer? I can properly put a test in its proper context
Before anyone doubts my G, let me do my lil diddy bop first
1ab1685cb0cdff71d6a0890e0804e212.gif
Ok, I'm not sure how old you are? I can only speak for myself
As a kid.. Nintendo..Nintendo games.. the cartridges.. that shyt right now just thinking about it is releasing some mental dope bruh
I have a warm nostalgic feeling right now
But somewhere around the time the gamecube came out, my dopamine fix via videogames died
Yeah, I still love games. But since I'm an adult, its not this thing I have to wait for.
As a kid, I got maybe 2 games a year? Rented. Just birthday, christmas. Otherwise, I was short
2014? I literally have a backlog over 100games bruh.
So its not the same situation. Not for me at least. But, somebody in there teens or slightly past that?
Yeah, this logic from the OP probably does apply and explains a lot :manny: