Fantastic 4 has a 9% on RT :snoop:

Daps
I was in the camp "I'll reserve judgement till I see it" before the movie came out but these reviews are making me go :jbhmm: or is it a mediocre with some hyperbole tossed in?

don't believe the hyperbole... the hate is not warranted at all..even considering the slow pacing and the fact it could have had more action sequences/battles movie wasn't that bad at all and kept me entertained for the most part:yeshrug:
he's right though..this is one of the better comic book movies i've seen....i liked the serious tone and the fact it seemed like an effort was actually made to do justice to the source material..F4 was classic compared to corny comic book movies like the first X-men movie or some of those Batman films from the 90s.:comeon:

Last edited:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Fox is going to have to sell the rights back to Marvel just so they can turn a profit :mjlol:

I'd love to sit in on that boardroom meeting...

Fox Exec: So how much ya'll want for the FF crew:flabbynsick:
Marvel Exec: We're not here to talk about that :trash: property:ufdup:
Fox Exec: Then why did you call this meeting?:lupe:
Marvel Exec: ...You know the X-men are a staple brand in the Marvel Universe...:jbhmm:
Fox Exec: What are you trying to say:patrice:
Marvel Exec: ...It wasn't too long ago a Sony Exec was sitting in that very same seat your in:jawalrus: Buckling under the pressure with a franchise hanging in the balance.:sas2:
Fox Exec: You can't do this! We worked so hard to make the X-men work! We even had to retcon 3 movies to get it right!:damn:
Marvel Exec::birdman:
Fox Exec: :mjcry:
Marvel Exec: Sign and date here please.:win:
How can Marvel ever help FF franchise after FOX repeatedly destroyed the franchise's reputation. I doubt Marvel's fans would care for another FF film if Marvel ever attain the rights from FOX.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no problem with sci fi/fantasy if done well. But mavel hasnt done them well. The villains and plots have been generic and uniniteresting. And the action too formulaic.

Its just too safe. Its offensive by being so safe and pandering. Theirs no risk or interesting film making happening. Just feels like an assembly line of films with the same basic outlines.

I liked,nay loved the characters of GOTG,but man,what a boring story and villain. Its half a film.

Everytime I see you posts about Marvel movies it's fukking complaints breh. It's like chick level complaints:mjlol:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saying the movies have bad plots and under developed villains are "chick" complaints? You fukking retarded?

You complain about Marvel movies non-stop:francis:

It's hard not to notice:martin:

Like the fat chick at work complaining about the vending machine not having you're favorite candy bar while you sit there and fukking empty it out:mjlol:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You complain about Marvel movies non-stop:francis:

It's hard not to notice:martin:

Like the fat chick at work complaining about the vending machine not having you're favorite candy bar while you sit there and fukking empty it out:mjlol:
Well im glad youve noticed me because I have no idea who the fukk you are.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Everything about Doom was jacked up. Beyond just getting the character itself wrong, but even with the b*stardized version they created.

Like just before the final battle...

-SPOILERS people should read anyway b/c the movie should only be watched out of morbid curiosity-

"Doom" runs through the complex by blowing up people's heads left & right with his mind powers at will. When he gets to a planet where all his power comes from and has even more power, what does he do when facing the Human Torch?

Throw rocks at him.

What does he do when he faces The Thing?

Throws bigger rocks at him.

What does he do when he asks aloud where Sue's at (when there's no way in the movie he can even know she can turn invisible?)

Throw rocks to reveal her invisible force field and then throw more rocks to break the force field.

What does he do when Mr. Fantastic comes through to save the day?

Yep. Rocks. (To break the bands that let him control his form when, again, "Doom" couldn't know that detail.)

And what defense does he use when they manage to shake off the all the previous rocks and come together to fight him at once?

Mother. fukking. Rocks.

In the immediately previous scene, you establish this "Doom" can crush skulls with his mind and, instead of even attempting to do that with any of the FF (or even throwing in a line of garbage comic movie science that their having the same energy prevents him from exploding their heads) your only action is to have "Doom" slinging more rocks than all trap rap ever combined.

So fukking dumb. (but I went in knowing it's bad, so I was entertained :pachaha:)
:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I kind of liked the first half...a harmless superhero origin story with some room for interesting threads...

....but then....they "fought" and it was over.

I don't really understand how a movie comes out this bad. Doesn't make any sense.

I'd love to know what Trank's full vision was though.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can Marvel ever help FF franchise after FOX repeatedly destroyed the franchise's reputation. I doubt Marvel's fans would care for another FF film if Marvel ever attain the rights from FOX.
Yup, thats why in my post Marvel wanted X-men, not FF.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I kind of liked the first half...a harmless superhero origin story with some room for interesting threads...

....but then....they "fought" and it was over.

I don't really understand how a movie comes out this bad. Doesn't make any sense.

I'd love to know what Trank's full vision was though.

At the pace the first half of the movie was going, I think the plot wouldn't have even reached the part where they go back to the planet by the time the movie ended. :russ:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
:russ:

That and the part where everyone started freaking out because dude said he wanted to bring in NASA had me dying, it was so random and nonsensical. Like dude didn't say the army, or Hydra, he said NASA. Even with the context of them talking about how people only remember the astronauts, not the ones who actually built the rockets, why the hell were they so disgusted by this?
There were 1,000 nosells in this flick:snoop:

and the dialogue was embarassing man...:why: it's like fox picked a newbie who didn't know what they were doing on purpose to spite marvel

i've caught on to what fox is doing...:ohhh:

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Me and the kid saw it last night. I will admit that the first 20 minutes or so showed promise but past that it suffers terribly.

This shyt made watching the '94 version palatable and that's saying alot. The b*stardization of DR. DOOM, one of the greatest villians in comics history, took a monumental L in this.:why:

The irreparable damage that Fox has done with this property is akin to Chernobyl: It's just too toxic at this point for Marvel to take a chance on another FF film if it reverts back to them. I think Fox knows that and gives zero fukks about it. All for spite at our expense.
This isn't even cable TV worthy. Hell it ain't even worth public domain.:scust:

Whether they're still relevant with comics fans or not, the F4 aren't supposed to be gritty and dark. The light-heartedness and cheese is part of their appeal.
That's what pisses me off about Nolan's approach to Batman and it's success...everyone thinks it works for every character (s) in the comic book genre and it doesn't.

Maybe now, alot of FF loyalists will cut Tim Story some slack.:manny: