'Far Cry' | Netflix | "Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix" Out Now!

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

The worlds of Far Cry are coming to Netflix, which has ordered two series inspired by the Ubisoft video game franchise.

During the final day of its Geeked Week event, Netflix unveiled Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix. From Adi Shankar, Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix is an adult anime series based on Far Cry 3: spinoff Blood Dragon. The series boasts a unique vapor-wave animation style and hails from creator and executive producer Adi Shankar. Producers are Hélène Juguet, Hugo Revon and Gérard Guillemot. Bobbypills is the animation studio.

Netflix revealed that another Far Cry anime is in the works. Far Cry is a first-person shooter that debuted in 2004. The latest iteration, Far Cry 6, will feature Giancarlo Esposito and will drop in October. No additional details have been revealed for the Far Cry animated show.

The two projects add to Netflix’s growing slate of video game content. In May the streamer unveiled its League of Legends animated series, Arcane. Other Netflix series based on the video game realm include Castlevania, Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness, Cuphead and Assassin’s Creed.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Terrible. Edglelord stuff. Quit after 2 episodes.
Also very Homo if that sort of thing bothers you.

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
I ain't going to lie. I try to be open and accepting I'm a pretty liberal guy but I didn't finish this because you know .

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
yeah this show is just weird and the plot is terrible, also too much gay shyt.

*edit

Just finished it actually, so essentially this combined all the various characters under the ubisoft IP. After episode 3 it starts to pick up and becomes decent, but the gay love shyt just wasn't needed. They got a plot going and left with a cliff hanger so I kinda want to see a season 2. The video game scenes and transitions were good as well.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: jeh