Farmer John Boyd Jr. Wants African-Americans To Reconnect With Farming

Daps
Black elitist push college on everyone and we abandoned farming and skilled trades like idiots.

:sadcam: that really killed the black communit .

Anyway I have almost 1/2 an acre down here in Louisiana. Blackberries and pecan grow naturally, I want to start a small garden like my dad has, then go bigger.
Limp wristed city/suburb nikkas who mimic white liberals in thought and action are some of the biggest c00ns out there. I guess all black people should be latte sipping fakkits with degrees in bullshyt from liberal arts colleges

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Having a farm is one of the BEST thing a black person can do for their livelhood. Being able to secure your own food and own land is the only way blacks can seriously gain wealth in this country.

I have farms in Nigeria and will likely buy a piece of land here in America very soon.

Nation of Islam was right on this topic.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Not really when I went down there for the summers as a kid brothers and I diid a little work but not enough were I believe I could be a fulltime farmer.Running a farm is really hard work because you have a lot of animals as well as land to take care of. My Gandpa used to own his own tree triming business and was also a plumber as well so he would take my brothers and I along with his workers to Muskogee to work with him. He really taught us that hard work paid off. I swear I didn't think about it back then but sometimes , I think my Grandparents were pretty well off financially. Not only did they own a car and two pick up trucks as well as a van, my Gandpa also had a Mack truck,a cattle trailer and a few other vehicles. And my Grandpa was always buying animals at the auction every Tuesday in Muskogee. When I was a kid I loved going down there but as I got older me and brothers started to hate going down there because it could pretty boring sometimes especially since he nearest town Muskogee was 8 miles and the only entertainment we had was riding our bikes and watching Tv on an old black and white TV. They did have a color TV but it never seemed to work. While I do have some family members who still live out in the country most of them are elderly .The majority, well close to a majority of my family lives in cities or the surburbs now. I feel like a hypocrite sometimes because I get upset every in a while because a lot of my family has abandoned country living and I feel like we're abandoning something that's part of my family's heritage but I would never want to live in the country.
Your grandparents will have way more wealth than you with your mindset. Go and run that mans farm and enjoy the riches.

With the internet, you can literally enjoy whatever you like, wherever you are!

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Alright, it's story time. Anybody from be famDallas shouldiliar with Paul Quinn College and the breh Michael Sorrell :salute: I first heard of him from the man himself, back in 2013 at this soiree my job had us go to.

PQC was either at risk or had already lost their accreditation-- that much I knew. They were infamous back then :dame: Breh came in as president and ended the football program, converted the field into a farm, and built a partnership with PepsiCo. At the event he spoke on it and it was the first time I thought anything about agriculture :ohhh: had me thinking about food deserts and shyt. So I asked during the Q&A, "Is Paul Quinn building students to become Farmers?"-- Breh shut that shyt down quick like "Nah, we're building students to become entrepreneurs :ufdup:".

We were talking the same thing, but his responses even when trying to align the two had me thinking he thought I was talking about some 'slave' shyt. I didn't realize til later that maybe HE misunderstood, or more likely, he knew we weren't in the right audience :mjpls:

When the shyt was over, he and his wife/kid stood nearby, basically inviting me to approach but the whole exchange made me think he wasn't with it, so I never did and they eventually left. I low-key regret that moment :snoop: someone else I know became his special assistant for a while and is doing major things in their own right. Breh has been everywhere since. Paul Quinn is one of only maybe a dozen schools in the country that's a work college. Meaning you can go there and graduate with zero debt or close to it :wow:

Some of the shyts happening, I don't a agree with, but I respect him a lot. This talk about farming just made me remember it all

egsteel

All Star
Daps
Something I'd like to do but this climate change nonsense makes it riskier than anything.

Maybe catfish farming is a safer bet.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It isn't that lucrative unless you're on an industrial scale.

I used to go down to AL every summer, so I'm familiar with solid farming methods.

We should all know how to farm, whether in your backyard, or on 10 acres.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Black elitist push college on everyone and we abandoned farming and skilled trades like idiots.

:sadcam: that really killed the black communit .
:gucci:

When were enough brehs going to college to kill anything? :usure:

The Black community abandoned farming because White people systematically stole the land and because the Great Migration led people to move out of rural communities for cities and manufacturing-center jobs. Didn't have shyt to do with going to college - back in the era that the Black community abandoned farming Black folk couldn't even get into most colleges and a lot of the ones they could get into were set up as ag and trade schools focused on the exact industries you talking about.

Last edited: