Fast-food workers walkout to protest low wages

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Isnt McDonalds food a cheap option for people? Wouldnt raising the wages for the workers ultimately hurt the people that rely on McDonalds to eat? Correct me if I'm wrong, but corporate doesnt control the wages of franchise McDonalds workers- the person who owns the franchise does.

Also- if we're worried about prices of healthy food- why is fakkit Whole Foods so god damn expensive?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Isnt McDonalds food a cheap option for people? Wouldnt raising the wages for the workers ultimately hurt the people that rely on McDonalds to eat? Correct me if I'm wrong, but corporate doesnt control the wages of franchise McDonalds workers- the person who owns the franchise does.

Also- if we're worried about prices of healthy food- why is fakkit Whole Foods so god damn expensive?
No, and I will make thread on this shortly

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$15 an hour? :beli:

I hate to be harsh on the workers but :pacspit: get a real fukking job. They should try to push for a seniority based wage system instead of a sudden wage hike. shyt like this just goes to show how uneducated workers can't even formulate a good argument for themselves in corporate america.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How do you try to negotiate when you have no leverage at all. You are an unskilled fast food worker...you can be replaced by someone who will have mastered your job in less than a week.
Now I am in full support of these workers having proper benefits and all but asking to be paid $15/hr for a job that a trained monkey could do is ridiculous.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
How do you try to negotiate when you have no leverage at all. You are an unskilled fast food worker...you can be replaced by someone who will have mastered your job in less than a week.
Now I am in full support of these workers having proper benefits and all but asking to be paid $15/hr for a job that a trained monkey could do is ridiculous.

How much do you think a McDonalds franchise in Manhattan pulls in profit wise per year?

And what percentage of these folks working there arent American Citizens?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Pretty much. And considering how much we hear about the "old boys network" and such...its 1000 times worse in the public sector.

Just respond in this thread- logically please.

Thread is in the TRL

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York

Whole foods pays a livable wage and there are chances to move up there, someone from my last job, got hired there starting at 12:00 an hour with medical and benefits, 3 years later she is a manager at the one at the time Warner center, the food is way healthier than fast food, this and Costco are the only places that pay people a livable wage that i know off. Edit so does Starbucks.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

You realize someone owns each individual franchise? They pay McDonalds to use the "McDonalds" name. They're free to pay their workers what they please- there arent instructions coming down from corporate....unless a new product is being introduced, which they have to sell at their restaurant. Look into franchises.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
My only issue is that many execs and corporate cats salaries are extremely bloated. They can pay them more without making prices rediculously high.

The corporatocracy of this country needs to be railed in.

but 15 is absolutely rediculous. 10 with benefits would be decent at least. :yeshrug:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Whole foods pays a livable wage and there are chances to move up there, someone from my last job, got hired there starting at 12:00 an hour with medical and benefits, 3 years later she is a manager at the one at the time Warner center, the food is way healthier than fast food, this and Costco are the only places that pay people a livable wage that i know off. Edit so does Starbucks.

Right- Whole Foods requires Im sure a more extensive background check and such. Rich people shop at Whole Foods- they're going to bring in employees that more so match their clientele. Personally I think its overpriced and pretentious, but I digress...

McDonalds is McDonalds- its a minimum wage job...I mean do you think McDonalds workers(requires really nothing to be hired) should be paid like someone at WF?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Look, people keep saying that these are entry level jobs/positions but most people wouldn't even swallow pride to work there (im one of them). Not to mention corporate is always selling new hires that they can career path. You should at least be paid a livable wage. Billion dollar a year companies and you can't pay at least $10 an hour? If everyone went to school then it wouldn't have the same value.