Father beats his little girl in a race, good parenting?

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, he’s not really handling winning really well either

Yeah, he did the winning wrong but I can sort of understand it if he's trying to show her that she'll encounter those types in life.

Hopefully he is training with her everyday. Otherwise all that was for nothing than his own vanity which would make him a bad parent.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah, he did the winning wrong but I can sort of understand it if he's trying to show her that she'll encounter those types in life.

Hopefully he is training with her everyday. Otherwise all that was for nothing than his own vanity which would make him a bad parent.
She might encounter those

Or she might develop that same habit

Like I said, as an uncle, that would be my job. As a father, I still would smoke her but I would let her win sometimes

Teaching tough lessons isn’t the same as breaking their confidence or will to compete

Just my 2 cents though

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
This is how Super villains are created :wow:

Teach my son the same ordeal and it pushes him to get better with whatever he does from video games to writing. Hell, one time he accused me of letting him win, and I'm like "breh you actually beating me :francis: "

We really need to stop coddling these damn kids because this world is getting colder, and the grim reality is that these kids need to embrace a bit of the cold front.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It balance, you want to build the kids confidence, but you want them to earn it too, that participation trophy type shyt does them more harm than good
you also want them to learn how to takes L's in stride. with dignity and grace. not cry just because things didn't go their way,
Ray Allen made a good video with his sons showing this. I'll link in moment.

Last edited:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
If my youth would cry like that over a loss, I'd handle them the same way.

Fine line between confidence and a lack of humility.