FCC Repeals Title II Net Neutrality Protections

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Why did Obama listen to McConnell and appoint Pai to the FCC in the first place? :snoop:
:francis:

That was one of Obama's biggest mistakes.

because that's who the republicans wanted, it was their seat that was open. anyone the republicans SELECTED for their seats is gonna have the same views, it's party orthodoxy. i guess in a few years you'll be asking how the the democrats allowed gorsuch to be confirmed. if people didn't want pai to be appointed chariman they shouldn't have voted for trump or help sow the kind of whataboutism and bothsides-ism dissension that created the conditions for a trump to be elected with low turnout. when pai was just one of two republican commissioners he didn't do any damage.

oh and if obama had told the republicans, fukk tradition i'm not going to fill the republican seat, it'll just remain vacant (since by law the party in the white house can only have 3). would pai not be chairman today?

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
you're not giving him enough credit. he's not a flunky he's just evil.
He is a former Verizon corporate lawyer who specialized in pushing their lobbying efforts to remove net neutrality

latest

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Anybody know if encrypted VPN would be able to get around this?
No. At the end of the day, you're still using your ISP's line even if you use a VPN. Your ISP is still the bottleneck. What VPN does it take the traffic from your computer, to the ISP, to the VPN, to the destination modified. and also vice versa.

The ISP followed by the VPN service will determine how fast that data travels, but the ISP has first dibs and they will be able to place the restrictions on your line based on your account information before it reaches the VPN.

Edit: Well, I don't know actually. Maybe. I guess if could create a tunnel from the client to say netflix and disguise it the whole path from your ISP then yeah. But the reality is that any free solution to this will not be robust and will be slow or have some other catch which is basically resulting in the same result or you will be charged for "premium" service to use this effectively and, again, its like being charged extra for a service by the ISP so no difference.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Anybody know if encrypted VPN would be able to get around this?

No. At the end of the day, you're still using your ISP's line even if you use a VPN. Your ISP is still the bottleneck. What VPN does it take the traffic from your computer, to the ISP, to the VPN, to the destination modified. and also vice versa.

The ISP followed by the VPN service will determine how fast that data travels, but the ISP has first dibs and they will be able to place the restrictions on your line based on your account information before it reaches the VPN.

Edit: Well, I don't know actually. Maybe. I guess if could create a tunnel from the client to say netflix and disguise it the whole path from your ISP then yeah. But the reality is that any free solution to this will not be robust and will be slow or have some other catch which is basically resulting in the same result or you will be charged for "premium" service to use this effectively and, again, its like being charged extra for a service by the ISP so no difference.
I imagine we will see a model similar to cell phones with locked bootloaders and isp specific firmware on the modem and router.

So probably not.