Daps
Reppin
nWg
*waiting for Rand and the freedom caucus to openly oppose this*

iTQ0mDJ.gif
rand coming through with the taped ribs like ddp

hqdefault.jpg

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
*waiting for Rand and the freedom caucus to openly oppose this*

iTQ0mDJ.gif

These 9 Senators proposed a bill to kill net neutrality called the "Restoring Internet Freedom Act" | Privacy Online News

Senator Mike Lee from Utah, along with 8 other cosponsors, has introduced S.993: “A bill to prohibit the Federal Communications Commission from reclassifying broadband Internet access service as a telecommunications service and from imposing certain regulations on providers of such service” aka the Restoring Internet Freedom Act. Senator Lee’s plan is to forbid the FCC from even being able to declare internet service providers (ISPs) as Title II common carriers – essentially negating the Open Internet Order from 2015. Senator Lee also sponsored an identical bill in 2016 during the 114th Congress with the same 8 cosponsors.

These 9 Senators really don’t like net neutrality
Sen. Cornyn, John [R-TX]
Sen. Cotton, Tom [R-AR]
Sen. Cruz, Ted [R-TX]
Sen. Lee, Mike [R-UT]
Sen. Paul, Rand [R-KY]
Sen. McConnell, Mitch [R-KY]
Sen. Rubio, Marco [R-FL]
Sen. Sasse, Ben [R-NE]
Sen. Tillis, Thom [R-NC]

Of these 9 Senators, Sen. Cornyn, Sen. Cotton, Sen. Cruz, Sen. Lee, and Sen. Paul were also cosponsors on S.J. Res. 34, legislation that stripped FCC online privacy protections away using the Congressional Review Act. All 9 cosponsors of this bill voted to do away with internet privacy in the 50-48 party line vote to dismantle FCC online privacy rules. Now, the same Senators and the same political forces are gathering to remove the FCC’s ability to protect net neutrality.

Rand Paul Leads Charge to Kill Net Neutrality

U.S. Senator Rand Paul moves to block new 'net neutrality' rules

https://gizmodo.com/noted-dumbass-rand-paul-wants-to-kill-net-neutrality-1701200879

Rand Paul isn't genuine. He won't care about federal encroachment on states' authority so long as net neutrality is killed.

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Not FCC's place to tell states what they can do, even I would argue in court states have no authority to regulate the internet but that is another matter

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I would argue in court states have no authority to regulate the internet but that is another matter

How would that argument go? Why, in your opinion, are states limited in this area?

I think there's a difference in saying the states shouldn't do this and saying states cannot do this.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
How would that argument go? Why, in your opinion, are states limited in this area?

I think there's a difference in saying the states shouldn't do this and saying states cannot do this.
I don't believe its a power given to the states via the constitution.
Internet service is interstate commerce, and that is a power explicitly given to the federal government with regard to the constitution in my view.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't WAIT to pay $100 a month more than I already am just to get the same service, but shyttier.
breh :comeon: thats political suicide. this isnt abortions, or fags getting married, or illegals, or shyt that divides america. 99% of america is not looking to have their internet bill increased

i just called 3 of joh cornyn's office to call him a fakkit, and all 3 mailboxes were full. americans are on their job :jaymelo:

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
breh :comeon: thats political suicide. this isnt abortions, or fags getting married, or illegals, or shyt that divides america. 99% of america is not looking to have their internet bill increased

i just called 3 of joh cornyn's office to call him a fakkit, and all 3 mailboxes were full. americans are on their job :jaymelo:
Breh you think these paid for cac and Paki shills give a fukk about what we want? The big name ISP's have already bought the repubs sitting in the panel and will buy enough leverage to get this passed. Eventually people will forget and get distracted by something new and shiny and this will become the new normal, just like how we've abandoned cable and now shyt is MORE expensive than it was then because of how segmented all the content is. :wow:

I ain't looking forward to paying Verizon $20 to have the privilege to play playstation

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh you think these paid for cac and Paki shills give a fukk about what we want? The big name ISP's have already bought the repubs sitting in the panel and will buy enough leverage to get this passed. Eventually people will forget and get distracted by something new and shiny and this will become the new normal, just like how we've abandoned cable and now shyt is MORE expensive than it was then because of how segmented all the content is. :wow:

I ain't looking forward to paying Verizon $20 to have the privilege to play playstation
nah. not if they hit americans in their pockets like that

if theres one thing libtards and conservative piece of shytfrepublicans can agree on, its 'not adding to their internet bill' . i refuse to believe repubs are gonna give the dems a layup like that