FCC Will Also Order States To Scrap Plans For Their Own Net Neutrality Laws

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It wasn't Obama, his administration just took 100% credit for it at the time...:martin:

Straight from the Obama whitehouse.gov

President Obama Announces Another Key Administration Post

You party shill fakkits disgust me...:camby:
You clearly don't understand how the FCC is made up.

Ajit was merely a conservative member serving under Obama. He was not the chair.

He was nominated as the chair under Trump.

WASHINGTON — The Senate has confirmed President Donald Trump's nominee to serve as chairman of the Federal Communications Commission despite Democratic complaints that Ajit Pai will undermine net neutrality.

You will also notice there was considerable Democrat resistance due to his position with regard to net neutrality.

The vote was 52-41 on Monday for Pai, who has served as a commissioner at the FCC since 2012.
The nomination turned into a proxy fight over Obama-era net neutrality rules established in 2015. Those rules mean service providers such as Verizon, AT&T and Comcast must treat all content the same and not favor their own websites and apps over others, such as a movie streaming service. Pai has tried to roll the rules back, drawing more than 22 million comments and ire from Democrats.

So now that we've cleared up that Ajit Pai the FCC chairman was a Trump appointee let's go a little further.

Commissioners
The FCC is directed by five commissioners appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the United States Senate for five-year terms, except when filling an unexpired term. The U.S. President designates one of the commissioners to serve as chairman. Only three commissioners may be members of the same political party. None of them may have a financial interest in any FCC-related business.[3][7]

As you can see, Pai was there because he was a pick conservatives would approve. Remember this was also under a republican controlled senate. Saying this is Obama's fault. Is misleading for two reasons.

It's a confirmed position and his current position was nominated and confirmed under the Trump administration.

Further, because he was of the minority party his position HD very little sway due to the party line nature of the votes. If you'd like a similar example you can look into to the makeup of elections commissions in states where usually there are three and the governor is allowed to place in two from their party. Remember, elections have consequences.

So, now that we've debunked the Ajit Pai is the FCC commissioner because of Obama nonsense are you ready to express your feelings on this decision made by a Trump appointee who was approved by a Republican party line vote for his confirmation that is now attacking consumers by giving businesses more legal standing to gouge consumers?

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
What I've seen more times than not is name calling generally flies until it derails the thread like we are doing now. :francis:

Back on topic. Now that you know Rand Paul is in support of this, how does this make you feel?

Especially considering the government telling states they can't make their own laws screams of government intervention and picking winners and losers.

@DEAD7
:manny:I understand the position he and most libertarians are taking on the issue, that position being [govt. intervention is worse long term than private sector greed and no one has a right to high speed internet]... I just disagree in this instance.

I am disappointed to answer your question, but I get it.