Film Scores

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I was way more into this aspect of films when I was younger (19ish) but that's probably because I was much more of a film buff back then. I still love a good score though.

From day one I was obsessed with the soundtrack for There Will Be Blood. Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead) did a phenomenal job with it. So much so that I enjoyed the film more than I would have otherwise, because tbh I didn't care that much for it on its own.

I feel like Clint Mansell is too underrated to be so talented. I mean yeah he's known in certain circles but nothing like John Williams or Michael Nyman. His score for The Fountain was incredible...and I don't even need to mention the mind blowing work he did on Requiem for a Dream.Don't get me wrong, he definitely gets plenty of work (Black Swan, The Wrestler) but I feel like a lot of the projects he composes for wind up being flops or at best, 'cult hits' (Pi, Ghost in the Shell, Smokin' Aces.... even the Fountain essentially flopped).

But for me, the GOAT is Warren Ellis and Nick Cave's score for 2007's The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. It's 2017 and people are still writing think pieces about doing videos about how utterly slept on that entire soundtrack was. It was easily the best thing I've ever heard from someone who wasn't Hans Zimmer.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Also Trent reznor and Atticus Ross are doing incredible me work right now. Social network, gone girl, and the girl with the dragon tattoo are interesting scores and great to write to

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Quincy Jones is an underrated film composer. The Deadly Affair main theme I wish to use on a film I am writing.

Terence Blanchard score for Inside Man is crack.

John Williams is the GOAT! My favorite composition is Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter.

Alexandre Dasplat is no slouch.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Quincy Jones is an underrated film composer. The Deadly Affair main theme I wish to use on a film I am writing.

Terence Blanchard score for Inside Man is crack.

John Williams is the GOAT! My favorite composition is Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter.

Alexandre Dasplat is no slouch.

Quincy is awesome. As is Isaac Hayes

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Zimmer is the GOAT
I can actually listen to his scores outside of movies. Silvestri is good and so is Henry Jackman and Ramin dwajadi

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can’t believe we left off the OG, Ennio Morricone. :ohhh::snoop:

Nobody left him off lol. You mentioned him. We weren’t comprising a list. Just everyone coming through naming people. Now if we made a list that would be interesting but idk if there’s that much knowledge of film music in here. Not to the point of naming composers anyway

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Nobody left him off lol. You mentioned him. We weren’t comprising a list. Just everyone coming through naming people. Now if we made a list that would be interesting but idk if there’s that much knowledge of film music in here. Not to the point of naming composers anyway
His score for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is one of the most recognizable and reused scores ever.