Finally watched The Incredibles 2; brehs WTF is Hollywood doing??? :snoop:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
:snoop:

So, theme is mama can do daddy's job better than him and daddy can't be trusted with his own damned kids for a week :dahell:

Then bush a Dash story line for some DeGrassey bullshyt with Violet :scust:

I swear in 10 years little boys are going start being born with recessed nuts :scust:

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I still need to watch that movie

Daps
Yeah, the feminist angle was excessive. From what I remember, all the male characters were depicted as essentially simple-hearted, one-dimensional and just a step above cavemen, while Elastigirl and the broad with the electrified pixie cut were depicted as highly deductive, proactive, and concerned about the greater good of humanity. I don't like the sort of pro-anything that has to put another group down to puff itself up--that's some backwards thinking.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
I enjoyed it but if you watch it again you pick up on things like the overall message here is that men suck and women are better
Well, in that, it mirrors the women's empowerment thing that went on in the late 60s/early 70s. I think Incredibles is supposed to be set in the late 60s/early 70s, so yeah....Elasti-Girl being the feature fits that narrative. I still enjoyed it, but not even close to how much I loved the first one..

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well, in that, it mirrors the women's empowerment thing that went on in the late 60s/early 70s. I think Incredibles is supposed to be set in the late 60s/early 70s, so yeah....Elasti-Girl being the feature fits that narrative. I still enjoyed it, but not even close to how much I loved the first one..

All of this. The movie reflects that era. Mr incredible, along with a lot of men at that time, were out of their element trying to raise kids because they never had to do that. It makes sense Elasti-girl would be dope at both jobs because she had to do both jobs; Bob didn’t.

It’s fine. Being mad at the theme, especially that theme that has percolated in society every decade, isn’t the move

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yea man the feminist agenda was heavy in this one. Dash was barely in it and they focused on the boring daughter and mother. I barely remember the plot. Didn’t even feel like the same movie.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
All of this. The movie reflects that era. Mr incredible, along with a lot of men at that time, were out of their element trying to raise kids because they never had to do that. It makes sense Elasti-girl would be dope at both jobs because she had to do both jobs; Bob didn’t.

It’s fine. Being mad at the theme, especially that theme that has percolated in society every decade, isn’t the move
Lotta brehs gonna skip over this post.