Finally watched The Incredibles 2; brehs WTF is Hollywood doing??? :snoop:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'd agree with you if the movie was scripted like Mr. Mom; two parents struggling with their new roles and finding a way to work out on their own terms. But, that's now how it goes down. The beginning sets up Elastigirl as a more effective hero and the one who's going to be at the forefront (temporarily). Bob is made to look like a stressed out buffoon the whole time slowly fall apart. Mom has zero problems doing both her new job and HIS...AT THE SAME TIME (kids calling her for help while she's out saving the world). Now, which story are they telling us? We see in the beginning that they're both fighting side-by-side. So, when they were going home, he was just kicking back sucking down beers while she did all the work? And this is my problem, you can't have it both ways. The stay-at-home mom role is in the past as they're both obviously in the field now. Bob comes to rescue HER in the sequel and gets clowned and needs the kids to bail him out.

What they did in this movie was basically tell the same story with the roles reversed (including the villain's past ties to Mr. Incredible), but at every turn they make Mr. Incredible a moron and weak. Even when he goes to see Edna (just like Elastigirl did), it's played to make him look like an incompetent parent.

Yeah man I didn’t see him as incompetent at all. He was out of his depth obviously but he overcame that shyt and found a rhythm. I don’t need to see her put down a peg in order to bug him up. I saw it how I saw it which I already said. If you saw it differently, obviously I can’t talk you off that. But I just don’t see it that way nor do I see it as an agenda or insidious or no shyt like that.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Yeah man I didn’t see him as incompetent at all. He was out of his depth obviously but he overcame that shyt and found a rhythm. I don’t need to see her put down a peg in order to bug him up. I saw it how I saw it which I already said. If you saw it differently, obviously I can’t talk you off that. But I just don’t see it that way nor do I see it as an agenda or insidious or no shyt like that.
Yeah I'm not trying to force you to my view, obviously more people saw it your way

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Wasn't that memorable, especially since the first one was loved by everyone. They should've jumped in time like 10 years, going straight from the ending from the first one I wasn't fukking with. Maybe if they do another sequel...

I never saw part 2, but I didn't love the first one myself.

It seemed to me that the message of the first one was that a class of people who inherited their power deserved to be superior to people who started from nothing and gave themselves power through their own intelligence and ingenuity.

I think they were TRYING to say that "special" people shouldn't be held back. Fine, I agree with that part. But they messed up by trying to say that being special is something that you "deserve" simply because its your birthright. And to me it didn't seem that the movie was aware at all the "bad guy" had a good point.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
All of this. The movie reflects that era. Mr incredible, along with a lot of men at that time, were out of their element trying to raise kids because they never had to do that. It makes sense Elasti-girl would be dope at both jobs because she had to do both jobs; Bob didn’t.

It’s fine. Being mad at the theme, especially that theme that has percolated in society every decade, isn’t the move
To be fair it wasn't that Bob was inept at raising the kids which most brehs can understand. It was that the movie made it seem that he was inept at being a hero too, which was the one thing he was supposedly good at. Bruh couldn't do shyt right in the movie

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I'd agree with you if the movie was scripted like Mr. Mom; two parents struggling with their new roles and finding a way to work out on their own terms. But, that's now how it goes down. The beginning sets up Elastigirl as a more effective hero and the one who's going to be at the forefront (temporarily). Bob is made to look like a stressed out buffoon the whole time slowly fall apart. Mom has zero problems doing both her new job and HIS...AT THE SAME TIME (kids calling her for help while she's out saving the world). Now, which story are they telling us? We see in the beginning that they're both fighting side-by-side. So, when they were going home, he was just kicking back sucking down beers while she did all the work? And this is my problem, you can't have it both ways. The stay-at-home mom role is in the past as they're both obviously in the field now. Bob comes to rescue HER in the sequel and gets clowned and needs the kids to bail him out.

What they did in this movie was basically tell the same story with the roles reversed (including the villain's past ties to Mr. Incredible), but at every turn they make Mr. Incredible a moron and weak. Even when he goes to see Edna (just like Elastigirl did), it's played to make him look like an incompetent parent.
they overplayed jack jack being a 24 hour menace. otherwise bob was handling things fine. there needed to be some kind of conflict for him to overcome if he wasn't going to be in the field for most of the movie but they fumbled it. keeping the situations the same with violet and dash and toning down the baby would have been just fine. even as an experienced stay at home parent if she didn't have bob at all and was dealing with jack jack the way he was in the movie she would have been in the same boat.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
was it as good as the first? no. Was it a good flick? yes. The agenda was evident but it made sense for what they were doing. They didnt change any characters personalities to fit the "agenda". Yall acting like mr. incredible was a super genius in the first and then changed him in this one. He was always more brawn than brain. I do think they should've had more dash in it but then it would've been like the xmen effect with quicksilver where you're doing the same shyt in the sequel. Plus with it taking place right after the first they had to do what they did with jack jack. The daughter thing was meh. I actually liked the villain but she followed after a great villain which is the problem. Plus unlike with the first one this type of villain has been done a thousand times by now. Ol dude that said this shyt was "abysmal" is such typical coli poster :mjlol:

Last edited:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

So, theme is mama can do daddy's job better than him and daddy can't be trusted with his own damned kids for a week :dahell:

Then bush a Dash story line for some DeGrassey bullshyt with Violet :scust:

I swear in 10 years little boys are going start being born with recessed nuts :scust:
They take a baby into battle and your grip is a woman being a super hero.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
First movie focused on Mr. Incredible

Second movie focused on Mrs. Incredible

[Third movie will likely focus on the kids

What's the problem? :martin:

Ya'll "brehs" need to stop getting your talking points from reddit and 4chn

acting like there's gonna be a third one :stopitslime:

them muthafukkas took how many years with this one :damn:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Yeah, the feminist angle was excessive. From what I remember, all the male characters were depicted as essentially simple-hearted, one-dimensional and just a step above cavemen, while Elastigirl and the broad with the electrified pixie cut were depicted as highly deductive, proactive, and concerned about the greater good of humanity. I don't like the sort of pro-anything that has to put another group down to puff itself up--that's some backwards thinking.

I guess you know women have felt for the past...100 years?...of cinema then.

I mean, complaining about a movie because the men are all one dimensional is really damn funny. Go watch, like, any other movie to scratch that itch I guess