Finally watched The Incredibles 2; brehs WTF is Hollywood doing??? :snoop:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Women weren't into cinema breh? Is this really the hill you want to die on?:sitdown:

Whats sad is legitimate criticism of some of these new films is being drowned out by ppl crying about females as focal points.
Is that really what you read?

You conflated statments that were literally two paragraphs away from each other :mjlol:

Tuck your p*ssy lips and read with your eyes open this time.

I bet neither you nor any of the other low T males wont post proof of "100 years" that women were kept out of cinema :laff: nikkas got a whole void century out here we didnt know about

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:snoop:

So, theme is mama can do daddy's job better than him and daddy can't be trusted with his own damned kids for a week :dahell:

Then bush a Dash story line for some DeGrassey bullshyt with Violet :scust:

I swear in 10 years little boys are going start being born with recessed nuts :scust:
:DAIGOSABU2:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
:ufdup:Don't put yo hands up like you didn't know you was bout to incite a riot...

And for the record I highly disagree.
:lolbron:

I’ve been thinking about this for a while. For a long time, it WAS in my top five. Now, I put Toy Story 1 and 2, WALL-E, Up, Ratatouille, Inside Out, and Coco right above it. Rewatching it, it doesn’t move me like the others listed do. Not saying it’s The Good Dinosaur or Cars status.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps

I’ve been thinking about this for a while. For a long time, it WAS in my top five. Now, I put Toy Story 1 and 2, WALL-E, Up, Ratatouille, Inside Out, and Coco right above it. Rewatching it, it doesn’t move me like the others listed do. Not saying it’s The Good Dinosaur or Cars status.
Those are all great movies, and honestly when factoring in the emotional element I can see how those may resonate more. For me Incredibles told what may be the most perfect super hero story, was a ridiculously fun ride, and us the most rewatchable of all the Pixar films. But I love all those movies you mentioned so I get it. Just don't disrespect the Parr family or the Frozone crew and we good:hubie:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Only the good dinosaur is advertised as a kids movie.

The entire rest of pixar's library is supposed to be movies for people of all ages. This includes older people as well
So is the damn lion king. They are still kids movies

Would y’all be taking your girl to see all these Pixar movies if no children were involved or you didn’t see them as kids?

nikkas gonna breakdown every kid movie cause adults like it too

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I never saw part 2, but I didn't love the first one myself.

It seemed to me that the message of the first one was that a class of people who inherited their power deserved to be superior to people who started from nothing and gave themselves power through their own intelligence and ingenuity.

I think they were TRYING to say that "special" people shouldn't be held back. Fine, I agree with that part. But they messed up by trying to say that being special is something that you "deserve" simply because its your birthright. And to me it didn't seem that the movie was aware at all the "bad guy" had a good point.

I felt that the point was don't be a playa hating, bitter, spiteful ass nikka just because other people are better than you. Level yourself up and play your part. Good life lesson to me. :yeshrug:

shyt like that is why people get killed.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Monsters Inc should be somewhere in that list.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I turned it off after a little under an hour. Just dull and the elastic girl storyline wasn’t doing it for me

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
shyt was 15 years too late and all they did was put the exact same movie out with less charm.

Just swapped Helen and Bob's roles thats it, the magic was gone smh. I used to watch the original so much back in the day :mjcry:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Animation on that flick was top tier, but man was that movie abysmal. Wreck it Ralph 2 had that agenda also, I couldn't even finish it.
Wreck it Ralph 2 was pretty mediocre. Was sad because the first one was pretty good. The idea of them going to the internet was good but the whole rest of the script was a bad idea. In the end the only good part of the movie was the Disney Princess bit.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Too much Jack Jack
Weak villain
Overall forgettable

I'm not on some woman hating BS either. I wanted the family to stick together more(not just taking care of Jack Jack while Mrs. Incredible did the main mission).

I would have liked a little father and son story going on and a mother and daughter story going parallel to each other. Meanwhile Jack Jack has his antics with Etna the whole rest of the film and we check in from time to time. Either that or let Mr. and Mrs. Incredible team up and do a brother and sister story with Dash and Violet (who I really wanted to see more of). Violet's story line felt like a repeat of the first.

Wanted more Dash bonding with Dad and Violet bonding with mom. Which in some way would align with the villain(s) (I would probably do both) being brother and sister.

So the whole theme of the movie would be family values/family dissension.