Finally watched The Incredibles 2; brehs WTF is Hollywood doing??? :snoop:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
All I could remember was ass in that movie
The movie was ass :ohhh:

But for real, I didn’t enjoy this movie overall. And it had nothing to do with an “agenda” :comeon:

shyt was disappointing and the twist was predictable. The action scenes were piff though. I wish Dash had a death scene. I could see him becoming a villain, if Pixar had the balls to do it. :mjpls:

5.5/10, would never watch again.
And to keep it real, the first one gets overrated a whole bunch and isn’t even a top 5 Pixar flick :hubie:

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah this was one of those films where the agenda ruins good things to overzealously push their shyt

Like you can make a respectable/empowering character without it coming at the expense of other characters. Dash was barely in the movie. Mr incredible really only did shyt in the opening sequence and showed he can be a surprisingly good house husband and bumbling fool.

But the first incredibles was never about the dad being a superhero and the mom being at home nurturing the kids wishing she was too. It was about ALL of them as a family struggling to adjust to normalcy as superheroes.

The forced gender angle is corny and it's why in spite of the movie not being bad it was such a forgettable followup to a classic.

Nobody likes this type of shyt but thinkpiece writers

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
First movie focused on Mr. Incredible

Second movie focused on Mrs. Incredible

Third movie will likely focus on the kids

What's the problem? :martin:

Ya'll "brehs" need to stop getting your talking points from reddit and 4chn

That's not what we're talking on. It's not about an Elastigirl movie, its they couldn't do it without shytting on Mr. Incredible. They didn't shyt on Elastigirl in the first one

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I guess you know women have felt for the past...100 years?...of cinema then.

I mean, complaining about a movie because the men are all one dimensional is really damn funny. Go watch, like, any other movie to scratch that itch I guess
That's the part that's got me scratching my head. We just said this exact same thing to white people (no disrespect @HHR ) when they had something to say about Jordan Peele's comments, then turn around and pull the same move. I didn't have a problem with the movie. Give the woman some shine. Let her kick some ass while Bob fumble around with Jack Jack. She played the background last time,so fukk it.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
The movie was ass :ohhh:

But for real, I didn’t enjoy this movie overall. And it had nothing to do with an “agenda” :comeon:

And to keep it real, the first one gets overrated a whole bunch and isn’t even a top 5 Pixar flick :hubie:
:ufdup:Don't put yo hands up like you didn't know you was bout to incite a riot...

And for the record I highly disagree.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At what point were men were played up at the expense of women as a gender thing? Yall limpwrists really be talking from a different reality.

The difference is being a man was never a theme or hear me rawr statement.

These cornball hoes just wanna go into male spaces as if they were males spaces because women were excluded rather than women just not being interested in certain things.

so we get these imaginationless refurbished IP fem reboots where the only thought that goes into it is some you go girl shyt. Then get mad when people are meh on it "But but it was ok when it was a man :sadbron:"

This is why people hate the new star wars trilogy and are meh on Incredibles 2. Because p*ssy projection sucks the life out of great works for nothing. these companies hire thinkpiece consuming yuppies to work on established works who have no attachment to material but just care about making a point.

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the part that's got me scratching my head. We just said this exact same thing to white people (no disrespect @HHR ) when they had something to say about Jordan Peele's comments, then turn around and pull the same move. I didn't have a problem with the movie. Give the woman some shine. Let her kick some ass while Bob fumble around with Jack Jack. She played the background last time,so fukk it.

FOH.

This shyt is on no level the same whatsover, and those comparisons are highly disrespectful.

Gender is it's own unique dynamic. Let it be that. Stop comparing it to race. The levels of discrimination are nowhere near the same.

Media including movies were used to galvanize racists to violence against black folks. Its used to spread propaganda and stereotypes. Its not about something as petty as just having a turn

Until you can show me a gender version of birth of a nation shut that shyt up

Daps

I mean, complaining about a movie because the men are all one dimensional is really damn funny. Go watch, like, any other movie to scratch that itch I guess

Relax breh, it's not that serious. What about what I said sounded like a complaint? That it was excessive? I'm not saying that there isn't justification to the feminism angle, I was saying that it took away from the movie due to how lopsided it made the characters seem. I wasn't wild about how Elastigirl was just stuck at home playing bored housewife in the first half of the first film, but they managed to turn it around in such a way that every family member showed out well in the end without compromising the tempo of the film.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
FOH.

This shyt is on no level the same whatsover, and those comparisons are highly disrespectful.

Gender is it's own unique dynamic. Let it be that. Stop comparing it to race. The levels of discrimination are nowhere near the same.

Media including movies were used to galvanize racists to violence against black folks. Its used to spread propaganda and stereotypes. Its not about something as petty as just having a turn

Until you can show me a gender version of birth of a nation shut that shyt up
It's not that deep and I don't care enough. Have at it. This shyt didn't bother me like that to respond in kind to you. All I'm getting at is the fact that representation is important. I don't see this portrayal as damaging to my self image or having any negative impact on my son when he watches it. And my daughter wants to come home and kick ass like Elasti-Girl and I'm all for it. Neither will think their dad is not capable of taking care of them when Mom's not around cause Bob had trouble with Jack Jack:manny:. There are instances in media where there are some very dangerous and damaging messages being portrayed, I just don't see this as one of them. I will kindly gtfoh as you wish now :salute:

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
14 year wait and all they do is recycle the plot of the first one :hhh:

Pixar fell the fukk off. All they doing now is sequels that aren't anywhere near as good as their predecessors :trash:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Y'all know this is a kid's movie right?

Reminds me of all the star wars nerds breaking down every minute of every movie... Prequels come out and they mad as fukk....

Lucas comes out on some "fukk y'all grown ass men doing complaining about kids' movies" :umad:

Fans: "b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but they are grown up movies to me dammit" :mjcry:

My son loved it... I could give a fukk :blessed:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
At what point were men were played up at the expense of women as a gender thing? Yall limpwrists really be talking from a different reality.

The difference is being a man was never a theme or hear me rawr statement.

These cornball hoes just wanna go into male spaces as if they were males spaces because women were excluded rather than women just not being interested in certain things.

so we get these imaginationless refurbished IP fem reboots where the only thought that goes into it is some you go girl shyt. Then get mad when people are meh on it "But but it was ok when it was a man :sadbron:"

This is why people hate the new star wars trilogy and are meh on Incredibles 2. Because p*ssy projection sucks the life out of shyt great works. these companies hire thinkpiece consuming yuppies to work on established works who have no attachment to material but just care about making a point.
Women weren't into cinema breh? Is this really the hill you want to die on?:sitdown:

Whats sad is legitimate criticism of some of these new films is being drowned out by ppl crying about females as focal points.