Financial Reparations - Mathematics, Logistics & Common Sense

Would $60k per AADOS be enough to declare a successful Reparations package?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • I'm not sure, need more info

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:patrice:Brehs...

I'm going to be objective. I have questions. I've NEVER been a proponent of financial reparations. I've ALWAYS been a proponent of reparations in the form of services, subsidies, improved institutions & environmental changes in the communities that make up a large number of descendants of those who were enslaved & subject to Jim Crow laws(South) & Redlining(North).:jbhmm:

However, brehs are hellbent on the "Either support the #AADOS position of financial reparations or fukk your c00n ass" type of stance.

Cool. :ld:

I need to know that the push for financial reparations aren't just an attempt at creating a goal that ensures the black community are forever angry about not obtaining.

So, I need clarity in order to support. :feedme:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Numbers -
  • Total U.S GDP - $15 trillion(+/-) as of 2010. Source: Google Public Data
  • Total U.S Federal budget - 3.55 trillion(+/-) as of 2010. Source: GovInfo
  • Total U.S Population - 308 million(+/-) as of 2010. Source: U.S Census Bureau FactFinder
  • Percentage of U.S Population that identified as Black - 14%(+/-), which, in 2010, would total 43.1 million. Source: U.S Census Bureau
  • Estimated Number of Americans who identified as having ancestry from Caribbean immigration as of 2010 - 2,672,753(+/-). Source: U.S Census Factfinder
  • Estimated Number of Americans who identified as having ancestry from Subsaharan African immigration as of 2010 - 2,847,194(+/-). Source U.S Census Factfinder
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would mean, the estimate of Black Americans who are direct descendants of Africans brought to the U.S as slaves - [(Total Black Population)-(Total Blacks Americans w/ Caribbean or African Immigrant Ancestry)] - 43 million - 5.51 million =

37.5 million African Americans who would have a claim to U.S reparations for its role in the Transatlantic Slave Trade if going by AADOS requirements. :dwillhuh:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue:

Okay, so, if my math is correct, if U.S reparations for slavery were given in 2010, the U.S would be required to divvy up a total compensation package among that 37 million.:merchant:

Now...how much is this amount that we are talking about? The total GDP in 2010 was estimated at $15 Trillion.

The Federal spending budget was around 2.3 Trillion in 2010. Source: GovInfo(page 7).

What is the U.S Dollar worth if the Economy is crippled? I say that because, unless people are seriously considering a nuclear option of dedicating the U.S's entire GDP value to reparations, the compensation amount will be an amount that would probably make the actual individual reparations package meaningless in the grand scheme of having a goal of realignment of African American descendants of slaves.

Would $60,000 per AADOS be enough for the U.S to be able to say it's washed its hands clean of the blood of slaves? Would $60,000 per AADOS be enough for there to be a renaissance in the black communities of America leading to a big blow to the current instances of institutional racism that exists in the U.S? Would $60,000 per AADOS be enough to justify a hostile break in the nexus of unity between African Americans and other members of the African Diaspora?

Please, someone help explain how this works?

**IF ANY OF MY MATH IS WRONG OR IF THERE IS A BELIEF THAT I'VE PLAYED WITH STATISTICS IN ORDER TO ARGUE AN AGENDA, PLEASE CALL ME OUT ON IT. I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT, I WANT TO BE ACCURATE. PLEASE GIVE CREDIBLE SOURCED MATERIAL FOR ANY ADJUSTMENTS YOU BELIEVE NEED TO BE MADE FOR THIS DISCUSSION TO BEGIN AMICABLY**

ALSO, ALL NEGS SHOULD BE SENT BY MAIL WITH TWO STAMPS ADDRESSED TO:
211 fukk Dialogue Ave, Hot Springs, Wyoming 11212

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I think the more accurate GDP number would be to take the total GDP of the United States for the year before the southern slaves seceded (1860) , and adjust those numbers for 2019.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I think the more accurate GDP number would be to take the total GDP of the United States for the year before the southern slaves seceded (1860) , and adjust those numbers for 2019.
Interesting, I can see that. Do you think it would be higher or lower?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Interesting, I can see that. Do you think it would be higher or lower?
I'm not sure.
These are interesting discussions for people who are history buffs, like I am.

The year 1860 also comes into play a different way though.
People are using that year as a line of demarcation for Black people, it applies as a line of demarcation for White people also.

Census numbers put the total population of the US in 1860 to have been 31 million.
I think the total addition to the Black population from voluntary immigrants AFTER the Civil War is relatively small. The number of white immigrants who arrived here after the CW was HUGE . I see the number from 1865-1918 being 27.5 million.

A good % of modern day White Americans did not have roots in this country before the CW. When reparations campaigns were launched in the past, opponents would always cite these numbers. They said that even for White Americans who acknowledge the evils of slavery that it would be difficult for them to agree to support the idea of reparations.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, it should be a mix of both :manny:

there are things that the government could do that only have a "cost" associated but don't actually cost as much money as they are worth. I sat in many college classes with empty seats. Putting someone into a seat that is already there in a college does not "cost" the government any money.

That being said, here are ways that we can be compensated that aren't purely "money in the pocket":

Free college undergraduate education to state schools or loan forgiveness (you want to go private :ufdup:)

Free city transportation (buses, subways etc.)

a housing subsidy credit when filing taxes (no way to provide free housing because of all of the independent non government entities at play, but over 20 years, the government can take your "rent" payment or housing payments against your salary when filing your taxes as an added credit toward your refund/what you owe)

An additional healthcare credit that operates the same way as the housing credit

A government fund that is allocated to black small businesses and/or land ownership in the form of low interest loans arbitrated against the market (meaning if I make 100K and the white dude makes 100k, if he can get a loan for a home, I can qualify for this low interest home)

The transportation and housing credit can go for anyone who is already alive, the college credit can go for anyone who is alive now and/or born 20 years from now (so if you have kids, they will have a guaranteed free education)

I'd be 100% on board with this in lieu of a cash settlement. The problem with a one time cash settlement is the drain on the economy (this is what keeps it from ever being a truly real solution unfortunately) and a one time cash settlement would cycle back into white hands quickly. As soon as you buy a car or a home, the "reparation" is gone. Sure you now have a car, but what else? I think we should think about the things that will alter our circumstances for generations. Allowing us debt free education, transportation, subsidized housing and healthcare, and equal access to low interest loans for housing and businesses would be monumental. :wow:

King Jae

Banned
Daps
:jbhmm:....naw 150k...simple fact u can't get a liquor license with 60....if u can where u at coo....round my way they like 100k..ownership supposed to be a focus...Restaraunts, clubs, lounges all need them ....plus that's the wealth gap between white and black households....cheapest franchise opportunity I seen was 50k and that's chick-fila....Tropical Smoothie cafe wanted 100k....plus municipal bonds on average start out in the 5 figure range...60k is 5k a month...after bills that's down to 2500....then if something happens to ur kids or house or car repairs out the blue say goodbye to that 2500....any type of business has an overhead and u need money to keep it goin til u turn the corner....The country just wasted 6 billion dollars during the last shut down...them stingy mufukkas got it:martin:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
As of 2011, the Environmental Protection Agency set the value of a human life at $9.1 million. Meanwhile, the Food and Drug Administration put it at $7.9 million — and the Department of Transportation figure was around $6 million.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
No $60,000 is nowhere near enough. What can $60k get you? That's barely a down payment on a middle class house.

Free college + No federal Tax + FHA type housing loans is what I'm thinking.

No. We dont need a one time payment. We need permanent tax relief for us and our businesses, a federally recognized nation status with jurisdiction over our criminals, free education, housing grants, and they need to give our banks monies to loan just to us.

You think permanent tax relief is enough? A free education doesn't automatically mean success imo

King Jae

Banned
Daps
As of 2011, the Environmental Protection Agency set the value of a human life at $9.1 million. Meanwhile, the Food and Drug Administration put it at $7.9 million — and the Department of Transportation figure was around $6 million.
Shyt I'm lowballing then:patrice:...need 8 milli...final offer...

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
here's something I've been thinking about but I've never told it to anybody because it could just be some bullshyt, what if ADOS got like 2x-weighted votes in elections. local, state, and federal...in addition to "traditional" reparations.

feel free to chop this down.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
No $60,000 is nowhere near enough. What can $60k get you? That's barely a down payment on a middle class house.

Free college + No federal Tax + FHA type housing loans is what I'm thinking.

You think permanent tax relief is enough? A free education doesn't automatically mean success imo
IMO its a debt that is owned for services rendered, not a responsibility to make anyone successful, which is subjective.
Every black person doesn't want to start a business. Each path to success is different

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
IMO its a debt that is owned for services rendered, not a responsibility to make anyone successful, which is subjective.
Every black person doesn't want to start a business. Each path to success is different

No Federal Taxes doesn't seem like enough. Most people would get what, an extra $200/month:patrice:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
330 million
%13 Black
Let's assume 50% of that is ADOS.
That's 21,450,000 people
Times $60k each
Equals $1.287 Trillion
equals LOL NOT EVER GONNA fukkING HAPPEN