Fiyastarter Podcast Thread...

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
^^^ i got scared half way through reading that. sounded damn near word for word like my homeboys that are going through this shyt.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
DmdoObKUcAAfyRd.jpg

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Mac Miller's music was the music of my college years. Hurt so much to see him go.:mjcry:

As far as the drug epidemic with my fellow young adults, a lot us is dealing with some form depression/anxiety. Drugs tends to be an easier outlet. There is not enough role models to give a different perspective.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mac Miller's music was the music of my college years. Hurt so much to see him go.:mjcry:

As far as the drug epidemic with my fellow young adults, a lot us is dealing with some form depression/anxiety. Drugs tends to be an easier outlet. There is not enough role models to give a different perspective.

I think it's a lack of role models, and lack of effective support. Sometomes, you just need someone to tell you that you can handle something without a crutch. People don't get that enough these days.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
^^thing is, we had shytty role models too. i truly believe the difference is all in the music. for every say nothin arse rapper there was a conscious rapper that wasnt "old" and so were "cool" in their own right so you could walk over there if you didnt fit in with the another group. even the gangsta rappers like nwa and above the law had a certain message in their music. you'd see a luke video then see them fighting in court and explain what they were fighting for on arsenio. i get the music has changed (not necc evolved), but the nincompoops far outweigh the youngins that have some substance...then xxx gets killed and the ratio drops by 30 MORE percent :mindblown:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^thing is, we had shytty role models too. i truly believe the difference is all in the music. for every say nothin arse rapper there was a conscious rapper that wasnt "old" and so were "cool" in their own right so you could walk over there if you didnt fit in with the another group. even the gangsta rappers like nwa and above the law had a certain message in their music. you'd see a luke video then see them fighting in court and explain what they were fighting for on arsenio. i get the music has changed (not necc evolved), but the nincompoops far outweigh the youngins that have some substance...then xxx gets killed and the ratio drops by 30 MORE percent :mindblown:

Oh, totally agree. I'm not too far behind you in age, and I remember that there was far more balance in entertainment then compared to now. I think part of the difference is that when you look at examples of artists that seem to be cool with a message of positivity (like Cole, for example), unless it's time for them to drop or hype a project, they might as well be fukking ghosts. The only time that I've ever been truly disappointed in Kendrick was that he mostly disappeared after To Pimp a Butterfly, because the real story of the album was dealing with his survivor's remorse from having made it out, and learning to leave that behind and love himself. That's something that people absolutely NEED to have drilled into them now more than ever. But dude had his promo and award show run, and dipped out. Meanwhile, the artists that are on the fukk shyt build and maintain near constant presences.

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston

My generation is definitely missing someone in the style of Will Smith and Kid N Play.

Oh, totally agree. I'm not too far behind you in age, and I remember that there was far more balance in entertainment then compared to now. I think part of the difference is that when you look at examples of artists that seem to be cool with a message of positivity (like Cole, for example), unless it's time for them to drop or hype a project, they might as well be fukking ghosts. The only time that I've ever been truly disappointed in Kendrick was that he mostly disappeared after To Pimp a Butterfly, because the real story of the album was dealing with his survivor's remorse from having made it out, and learning to leave that behind and love himself. That's something that people absolutely NEED to have drilled into them now more than ever. But dude had his promo and award show run, and dipped out. Meanwhile, the artists that are on the fukk shyt build and maintain near constant presences.

I wouldnt put that on Cole, Kendrick or Drake since their base are already establish. Got to me someone fresh I think.

Last edited:

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
My generation is definitely missing someone in the style of Will Smith and Kid N Play.

I wouldnt that on Cole, Kendrick or Drake since their base are already establish. Got to me someone fresh I think.
yup. as wild as it sounds, despite their influence, cole-kendrick-drake are elder statesmen, now. which is why i made reference to xxx. even someone like kodak that has a young following might mean well, but i wouldnt trust that nikka to feed 3 people with a loaf of bread, pb&j and knife

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
They tried to turn Ba into Spice Adams corny ass two minutes in:mjlol:

Last edited: