Flabby heads, who was more popular: Mike Tyson or Michael Jordan

Discussion in 'The Locker Room' started by BrothaZay, Dec 5, 2018.

?

Who was more popular

1. Tyson

35 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Jordan

85 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. LiveFromLondon

LiveFromLondon All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Holyroid beat Mike excatly just a year after Bowe nearly killed him and the comes back even swoller and beating Mike. Was def on em Roids

The Amerikkkan Idol and Renzo dapped this.
  2. IslandG

IslandG Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

One thing for sure is that Tupac was never that popular.

3. Deacon Frye

Deacon Frye Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Man, woman, and child
    Coli Cash:
    $169600.39

This thread is hilarious becuz when I was 7 I asked my mother if I could change my name to Michael
    :russ:

Jordan, Tyson, and Jackson were everything from the mid 80s on. At one point I think it was equal but once Jordan started getting those rings it was a wrap

4. CoryMack

CoryMack All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Same Holyfield who beat Tyson twice headup.

I’m not arguing Tyson’s talent, I’m talking about the results. Douglas, Holyfield twice, and Lewis. Never fought Foreman or Bowe.

His career to me is the same as Roy Jones Jr, who made a big name beating bums and retired firefighters and shyt. Then got exposed later in his career against real fighters.

5. Renzo

Renzo All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

You have no idea what you're even talking about.. Douglas was a fluke.. its a reason why he ran from the rematch and got knocked out in his next match. He wasnt considered anything special. Stop it. Holyfield beat a prison worn Tyson that wasnt anywhere near the 91 version and its obvious he was on the juice. Lewis beat a fat inactive coked out his mind tyson who went on to lose the next 2 out of 3 fights before retiring for good. To even use that fight shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Foreman had two offers to fight Tyson pre and post prison for 20mil and it was Foreman who pulled out twice..it came as close to happening that they co main evented the same card Tyson/Tilman Foreman/Rodriguez.. Tyson was even qouted as saying he was going to fight Foreman "before he dies of rigamortous".. and get real..slow ass Foreman wouldve been light work.. go watch those YouTube videos of Tyson on the heavy bag.. that heavy bag wouldve been foreman. You fight who is in front of you.. and save Lewis.. none of them did what he did.. they didnt unify or clean out the top 10..

gabbo dapped this.
  6. Goat poster

Goat poster KANG LIFE

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

The heavyweight champ was the biggest star in the WORLD back then.( Tyson was the last Heavyweight American Superstar)

Basketball was just starting to peak in the 90’s ( Jordan had a lot to do with that though)

But yeah:

80’s Tyson
    90’s Jordan

Basically sums it up.

The Amerikkkan Idol dapped this.
  7. Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited Noncognitivist

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Wrong Side of the Tracks
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I'll just leave this here......

8. moa213

moa213 Rookie

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

I agree with you. In the 80s and early 90s majority of third world countries didn't have access watching live basketball or touched a basketball in real life. But most people watched boxing or listened from radio. And noone on earth came close to Michael Jackson fame by far followed by Madonna. MC Hammer was more famous than Jordan in African at the early 90s. It has more to do what people relate to. Boxing was bigger around the world while basketball limited to Americans.

FlimFlam, LiveFromLondon and desjardins dapped this.
  9. TrebleMan

TrebleMan Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Los Angeles
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Also remember back then, the Heavyweight Champion of the World was a major title in society.

In the 80's there was no "pound for pound" rating. If you were the Heavyweight Champion, you were practically the face of an entire sport.

10. moa213

moa213 Rookie

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

Boxing was global sport with most countries having their own boxers to champ for. Basketball was a luxury sport limited to Americans and small upper class who had opportunity to travel outside their country. Also people forget there were no internet, cell phones around so most news was spread by world of mouth. People discussed about boxing but only rare people outside of America followed NBA. Jordan could have walked in an African Village in the 80s without anyone knowing who he's aside his height.

Bass_Reeves and FlimFlam dapped this.
  11. Renzo

Renzo All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Small correction.. there was a p4p ranking and Tyson was the last heavyweight to get that recognition which was almost unheard of. Tyson was the man.. he would be treated as royalty.. honored by kings and dignitaries as soon as he stepped off the plane with parades etc.

The Amerikkkan Idol dapped this.
  12. darryl

darryl All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

Tupac is easily on both of they levels now.

13. CoryMack

CoryMack All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Buncha excuses. You fight who you fight when you fight. It’s on you to win or lose. You Tyson believers always wanna talk what-ifs. What-if Cus hadn’t died? What-if he was able to keep training under Rooney? What-if he didn’t get caught up with King? What-if he hadn’t done prison time?

That ain’t how it works. And unifying a division of bums doesn’t make you an all-time great. He didn’t fight the best in his prime, he ducked Bowe, Lewis and Holyfield in their primes and couldn’t handle them later on.

You can play the what-if game. I’ll go by what actually happened.

14. Curioser

Curioser Pro

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Equal... not even clicking on the vote... don’t even wan5 to see it...

15. Renzo

Renzo All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

You have no facts.. Just what you "feel".. come with a better argument.. how did he duck Holyfield? He was supposed to fight him after Douglas.. then he was supposed to fight him in 91-92 but ended up in prison.. he never ducked Lewis idiot.. Lewis was offered the fight in 96 with a date to be announced in july of that year and a offer of 15mil was on the table.. Lewis pulled out.. saying they wanted to put the fight on themselves and not deal with King.. but could offer Tyson 50mil.. Tyson scoffed bc no one was going to pay to see him fight a non draw in Lewis.. Lewis priced himself out then tried to sue before getting awarded 10mil for lost wages with a promise to fight Tyson sometime in 97 if Tyson got past Holyfield.. come with facts of what actually happened or stfu.. you are clueless and thought you could pull that Tyson is overrated blah blah bullshyt on me...I actually know what happened bc I actually followed and was involved in the sport..and I can back up all my claims.. your weak ho ass would never step in the ring yet have the balls to call fighters bums and overrated. Unless you can show me proof dont reply back because ill continue to dig in your ass with facts dweeb.