:flabbynsick: brehs, what was it like playing Dreamcast online?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
04 I got a ps2 that came with the network adapter. I remember losing Madden 04 on dial up to some dude named albundy7. I didn't know what lag was at the time, but that shyt literally lagged the whole game. I don't even know how dial up online play was even an option.

Was that how it was on goatcast?

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Chuchu rocket was the only dreamcast game thatni played. It wasnt a new concept on pc, but consoles online? That shyt felt revolutionary somehow, and i used to fukk around with quake 2 on heat.net servers at the time

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
04 I got a ps2 that came with the network adapter. I remember losing Madden 04 on dial up to some dude named albundy7. I didn't know what lag was at the time, but that shyt literally lagged the whole game. I don't even know how dial up online play was even an option.

Was that how it was on goatcast?
I would say most games worked fine. Sports games where a struggle but in football it made for a better experience imo. You had to make a decision early so for instance if you're playing defense and you're attempting to make a play?! You gotta read and react before it happens or it won't happen because of the lag. I just felt that sort of mirrors real life while nowadays the game itself has to try to recreate the reality of that and it just doesn't anymore. You felt the weight of the player because of the lag, that shyt doesn't exist anymore.

Other games worked damn near flawlessly, chu Chu Rocket was the first online game but the best online game was quake 3 arena. Lag was rare, I played with a mouse and controller combo, was a beast. Would like to play that game again, preferably an upgraded version buy THAT VERSION. There are no vertical shooting games that Are popular anymore (at least on console)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I spent most of my online time using Yahoo Chat and looking at naked women.
I used it to go to IGN back when it was mostly just pictures and the page would take a few minutes to load up.

I also was learning how to code and create games via seganet. I made a game on the vmu but it was ass. I'm appreciative Sega gave us the opportunity to learn that, would be revolutionary even today....