Florida driver swerves to avoid dogs, hit and kills teen riding scooter to friend’s house

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Firstly, RIP to the kid.
A Lot of you guys are responding as if he saw two options to hit something and chose the kid. It's not the trolley problem, unless he was aware of the kids presence before he swerved in that direction.

I think first question was how fast was he going and was it appropriate for the road. Then the next question is if i'm avoiding something in the road, why would i swerve toward oncoming traffic creating a potential disaster unless I knew it was clear on that side. It wouldn't make sense to swerve from hitting a dog, into a head on collision for yourself. Then if you swerving into oncoming traffic, how could you not have seen the child.

I don't think the dogs actually existed and he was more than likely trying to overtake the car in front of him rushing to work and struck the child in the process. In the story, it says there was a car in front of him, if there was not a vehicle, there is no way he could of not seen the child in the middle of the street coming toward you in the opposite lane. Hence why you wouldn't swerve in that direction. Or if the dogs did exist, he wasn't paying attention to the road, AKA on his phone or something, and saw the dogs at the last minute and just swerved upon looking up and immediately seeing dogs in the roadway.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
If I see an animal crossing the street under normal circumstances...Ie...It's aware a 4,000 pound hunk of steel is coming towards it and its making an effort to get across the road I'll let off the gas, and let it get across, but if it wants to fukk around and now a business decision needs to be made it's gonna cross the rainbow bridge. I'm not swerving into a car, or another person..Sorry, not sorry.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
a "small electric scooter" isn't safe sharing the road with the Assault Trucks™ plaguing the roads today. the southbound side of that road has a sidewalk which he should've been riding on, esp when it's dark out. as someone who enjoys tiny cars/go-karts/a 2-stroke skateboard and drives suicidal i'd still never do that, rip to the kid.

oh and even tho i'm as far from dogset as it gets i would've swerved too :manny:
TbZFeIn.jpg

edit: if you're a dumb fukk who rides scooters in the dead of night then buy some retroreflective tape, and not the chinese shyt either, oralite and 3m are the only legit suppliers. i don't want any coli brehs to go out like this. :mjcry:
It's illegal to ride a motorized scooter on the sidewalk, they're supposed to be on the road.

As for the reflective tape, that wouldn't have helped in this situation, he was hit because of someone's knee jerk reaction to swerve into oncoming traffic, not because he was hard to see.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Firstly, RIP to the kid.
A Lot of you guys are responding as if he saw two options to hit something and chose the kid. It's not the trolley problem, unless he was aware of the kids presence before he swerved in that direction.

I think first question was how fast was he going and was it appropriate for the road. Then the next question is if i'm avoiding something in the road, why would i swerve toward oncoming traffic creating a potential disaster unless I knew it was clear on that side. It wouldn't make sense to swerve from hitting a dog, into a head on collision for yourself. Then if you swerving into oncoming traffic, how could you not have seen the child.

I don't think the dogs actually existed and he was more than likely trying to overtake the car in front of him rushing to work and struck the child in the process. In the story, it says there was a car in front of him, if there was not a vehicle, there is no way he could of not seen the child in the middle of the street coming toward you in the opposite lane. Hence why you wouldn't swerve in that direction. Or if the dogs did exist, he wasn't paying attention to the road, AKA on his phone or something, and saw the dogs at the last minute and just swerved upon looking up and immediately seeing dogs in the roadway.
I think this is facts

Swerving for stray animals is the excuse everyone uses when they recklessly drive and end up wrecking.

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
Damn, that sucks. RIP.

Not going to blame the driver since it's not like it was intentional. If anybody is at fault it's whoever owns the dogs.
It is his fault, you can’t leave your lane and enter oncoming traffic. Especially if you’re too close to the vehicle in front of you to see down the road in the other direction much less right into the oncoming lane. You don’t risk the potential of an accident to spare animals in the roadway.

Should have been 2-3 real car lengths behind the other vehicle, should have slowed down, should have carefully braked but stayed in his lane. You hit animals before you put pedestrians and traffic at risk.
Driving is active, you don’t just sit in your 2 ton machine and chill, you have to be ready for stuff to happen without notice.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People panic so whatever his good intention was he ended up killing a human instead but also couldve been him getting macked by a truck
Also couldve been looking at his phone or some shyt and not being aware of anything in front of him and reacted last minute :ufdup:

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
First, don't scooters have to be on the road?

Second, the article says the driver swerved into oncoming traffic when he hit the teen.

When something jumps in front of your car unexpectedly, it's not difficult to imagine someone having a reflexive action in that scenario.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
When something jumps in front of your car unexpectedly, it's not difficult to imagine someone having a reflexive action in that scenario.
I understand that, which is why I was responding to a post trying to blame the teen.

But that's IF the dogs actually existed in the first place.

Why did the driver have to swerve to avoid dogs when he was driving directly behind another car? Why didn't the car in front swerve? Did anyone else actually see any dogs running across the street?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I understand that, which is why I was responding to a post trying to blame the teen.

But that's IF the dogs actually existed in the first place.

Why did the driver have to swerve to avoid dogs when he was driving directly behind another car? Why didn't the car in front swerve? Did anyone else actually see any dogs running across the street?
Keep in mind that animals do dumb and unpredictable shyt in a fight or flight situation. Add onto that dog levels of retardation... But that's neither here nor there.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Keep in mind that animals do dumb and unpredictable shyt in a fight or flight situation. Add onto that dog levels of retardation... But that's neither here nor there.
But people always blame dogs/coyotes/deer whenever they fukk up doing something stupid while driving. So how do we know that's what actually happened if he's the only one claiming dogs ran across the road.

Like @Dark Knyght said, the driver could've been trying to overtake the car in front of him and didn't notice the scooter in the oncoming lane.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
But people always blame dogs/coyotes/deer whenever they fukk up doing something stupid while driving. So how do we know that's what actually happened if he's the only one claiming dogs ran across the road.

Like @Dark Knyght said, the driver could've been trying to overtake the car in front of him and didn't notice the scooter in the oncoming lane.
I fully get you, and 11 times out of 10 it's dumb shyt by the driver and they're just trying to cover themselves. But if it's a chance to shyt on #Dogset, you know what time it is :ufdup: