Florida Students Must Learn How Slavery "Benefitted" Enslaved Americans..

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:manny: Still rather live there over 90% of states.

I’ll teach my kid the real anyway, no place will be real about our history.

Is it cool? Nah but would it stop me from living somewhere? Nah.

@Loose what you think about this being a New Yorker living in FL
While DeSantis is trash af, I live in tampa , tampa and it's surrounding metros is pretty liberal relatively speaking in comparisonto north Florida. Definitely better value on homes and lifestyle than living in NY.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
When I see things like this, I really do consider it a blessing I was raise how I was. Was very fortunate. I remember my father had me do a school paper on Noble Drew Ali once in 3rd grade.

Got a good grade and everything but you could tell by the teacher’s comments, she wasn’t a fan of the report. I’m sure if I was grade school age now, he would have had me practically cursing out the classroom if they asked me how slavery “benefited” the enslaved

:francis:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Well the only thing I can say is move away from Florida and make sure your kids read real shyt at home
these changes aren't about black kids. it's about making sure white (and other non-black) kids grow up with the right amount of disregard for complaining negroes who don't realize how good they had it and currently have it. quit ya bellyaching.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
these changes aren't about black kids. it's about making sure white (and other non-black) kids grow up with the right amount of disregard for complaining negroes who don't realize how good they had it and currently have it. quit ya bellyaching.
Can’t control that, but you can control what black kids learn

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
they have shown they edit history and translations.

this is why i dont trust their translations of alot of sources

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So to anybody that actually read the curriculum note...

It says explain skills and how it was a benefit to AA, in some cases.

I wonder what that looks like in practice. It's sinister to put any positive spin on slavery. They not about to teach the Holocaust curriculum to show how genocide benefited the Jews. Or any other group and their historical atrocities.

Also, since when is black history more than a paragraph??? I'm kidding but I'm serious.

This is war by indoctrination

The indoctrination implies the war has likely already been won. Or at least someone is claiming a W.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would love to live in Florida or anywhere down south. They are so progressive down there :wow:

Right @Ineedmoney504 ? tell 'em
The only problem with your statement is that a lot of Florida and down South are Northern transplants. Ron Desanctimonious mother is from Ohio and his father is from Pennsylvania. Trump is from New York.