For Real This Time. Canelo Vs. GGG Part 2. #NoExcuses Edition. Sept 15th 2018.

Who You Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Fans at T-Mobile Arena and millions watching at home will be treated to a stacked undercard featuring current world champions and returning contenders in support of the Sepember 15 fight between Lineal Middleweight World Champion Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) and WBC/WBA/IBO Middleweight World Champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (38-0, 34 KOs). The event will take place Saturday, Sept. 15 and will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View beginning at a special time of 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT.
"This historic rematch between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin can only be supported by an equally great undercard," said Oscar De La Hoya, Chairman and CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. "That's why some of the best champions and contenders from all over the world will be featured on this event of international proportions, while some of our brightest prospects will have the opportunity of a lifetime on this undercard so they can one day headline events of this magnitude."
In the co-main event, breakout Mexican star Jaime Munguia (30-0, 25 KOs) will make the second defense of his WBO Junior Middleweight World Title against rugged Canadian contender Brandon "Bad Boy" Cook (20-1, 13 KOs) in a 12-round battle.
jaime-munguia (4)
"I'm very motivated to be in such an important card," said Munguia. "It will be the most important boxing event of the year. For me it is an honor to be on this card supporting Canelo Alvarez, who is also Mexican, on a date that is so special for Mexico, for me and for all of the people. We will do our best to please the public. I promise to not disappoint, so don't miss my fight and don't miss Canelo vs. GGG 2."
Cook said, "It's always been a dream for me to fight for a world title. To be on the biggest fight card of the year with two of my favorite fighters is a dream come true. Jaime Munguia is an exciting, young, up-and-coming fighter. He has great punching power in both hands. I'm going to do everything possible to bring that world title back home to Canada. I can't thank Golden Boy Promotions enough for giving me this opportunity. I have a great team behind me and we will be ready September 15. I'm coming to fight."
Fernando Beltran, CEO of Zanfer Promotions, said, "It can't get any bigger for boxing than a Pay-Per-View fight in Las Vegas on Mexican Independence Day. That's where Jaime Munguia is fighting and that's where he deserves to fight. He always shows his best on the biggest stages and during biggest moments, so be ready for a spectacular performance from Munguia"
Former IBF Middleweight World Champion David Lemieux (39-4, 33 KOs) of Montreal, Canada and Irish warrior Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan (28-2, 20 KOs) of Cork, Ireland will go head-to-head in a 12-round middleweight battle that has Fight of the Year candidate written all over it.
Lemieux said, "I'm looking forward to fighting 'Spike' O'Sullivan next. I have some unfinished business at 160. We're going to take one fight at a time. Spike is an action fighter, like me. He's a tough cookie and comes to fight. This is a fight for the fans. Come September 15, I want to steal the show."
Former pound-for-pound king and former four-division world champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (46-2, 38 KOs) of Managua, Nicaragua will make his highly anticipated return against experienced Mexican warrior Moises "Moi" Fuentes (25-5-1, 14 KOs) in a 10-round super flyweight battle that will open the HBO Pay-Per-View telecast.
Gonzalez said, "I want to thank God for giving me the opportunity to be back in the ring. This will be my second fight in Las Vegas, and I look forward to fighting on this great show. I have been training hard in California and will give a good show for the fans. I respect Moises Fuentes, and he will be a strong challenge for me. I want to thank Mr. Honda of Teiken Promotions, along with GGG Promotions for making this possible for me to be on the biggest show in boxing. I look forward to seeing all of my fans again and promise a good performance in the ring."
Fuentes said, "This will be a difficult fight because of Gonzalez's style of fighting. But it won't be impossible. In boxing, nothing is written. I still have what it takes to do it-a good record and a lot of potential. I'm confident I will win this fight and Gonzalez will be a big trampoline for me to join the highest levels of boxing."
On the non-televised portion of the card, super lightweight knockout artist Vergil Ortiz Jr.(10-0, 10 KOs) of Dallas, Texas looks to add another stoppage victory to his record as he takes on experienced warrior Roberto "Massa" Ortiz (35-2-2, 26 KOs) of Torreon, Mexico in a scheduled 10-round 140-pound fight.
Rising welterweight prospect Alexis "Lex" Rocha (11-0, 8 KOs) of Santa Ana, Calif. will risk his undefeated record against Carlos Ortiz (10-2, 10 KOs) of Torreon, Mexico in an eight-round welterweight clash.
Undisputed WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO Champion Cecilia Braekhus (34-0, 9 KOs) of Cartagena, Colombiawill defend her titles in a 10-round welterweight fight.
Francisco Esparza (8-0-1, 3 KOs) of Las Vegas will take on a soon-to-be announced opponent in either a four or six-round featherweight fight.

oscar def put some thought into this undercard this time around..all televised undercard fights have a chance to be spectacular fades

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Morales, Barrera Urge That Canelo Must Beat GGG For Legacy

By Miguel Rivera

Mexican legends and Hall of Famers Erik 'El Terrible' Morales and Marco Antonio Barrera have urged that countryman Saul "Canelo" Alvarez must win his upcoming rematch with Gennady Golovkin to secure his legacy in the boxing history books.

Canelo (49-1-2, 34 KOs) will challenge Golovkin for the WBA, WBC, IBO middleweight titles on September 15th from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Their first contest, which took place in September 2017, ended in a controversial twelve round split draw.

de-la-hoya-morales-chavez-barrera%20(9).jpg

Canelo, who is currently in his prime, is the biggest boxing star in America and currently the biggest pay-per-view attraction.

But his legacy will take a hit, if he loses the contest with Golovkin, who at 36-years-old is closer to the end of his career.

"It's a very important fight and right now it's Canelo time. He's making history and the only one that can place him there (among the best), as you know, is the public itself and the press," said Barrera.

Morales agrees with his one-time rival.

"Saul needs the victory to finish validating his career as a boxer who has the necessary attributes, [and prove all of this to the] people who have criticized him a lot," Morales said.

"To be in the top 10, we do not have to say it to ourselves, who is in there or out, but it's the people who decide, obviously, and at the end of his career it will be decided if he is are among the best 5, 10 or 15, but he is getting there little by little and he is doing it well."

A victory will also erase some fresh doubts about Canelo, after the boxer tested positive for the banned substance clenbuterol back in February. He was suspended for six months by the Nevada State Athletic Commission and forced to postpone the original Golovkin rematch date, which was scheduled for May 5.

look at this pic of real mexican ATGs..the amount of great fights between them :wow:..and now the marquee mexican fighter today is...Canelo :scust:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Morales and Barrera have keyed in on this? Hahaha...I haven't heard them speak on anything in almost two years.

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
Are the lights off in the movie theater?

I've always wanted to watch a fight there

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lmao @ the headline

Canelo responds to Golovkin’s trainer, Abel Sanchez, who accused him of “running” in the first fight:

“Comments from Sanchez don’t really bother me because he actually thinks he’s a great trainer, but he doesn’t know what boxing is. He doesn’t know what it is to have technique. He doesn’t know what it is to box or to move. He doesn’t know what it means to adapt to the circumstances of a fight and not just go forward and throw punches. What I do is box. I find it strange that someone who believes himself to be a great trainer does not know how to distinguish between having technique and what he’s saying [the running].

“It’s one thing to be coming forward like a donkey and it’s another thing to be moving, dodging punches, counterpunching, and even staying on the ropes without him hitting you. I hope he goes back to his house and realizes what I’ve been saying about him: that he’s a dumbass [pendejo]. The first have has given me the confidence that I will win this fight. If I work him well throughout the fight, I can knock him out.”

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Canelo-Golovkin Rematch: Judges, Referee Assigned By NSAC

By Keith Idec

Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin now know who’ll score their rematch if it goes the distance.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission has assigned Connecticut’s Glenn Feldman, Nevada’s Dave Moretti and New Jersey’s Steve Weisfeld to work their second 12-round, 160-pound middleweight championship match September 15 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Bob Bennett, the NSAC’s executive director, suggested those three judges to the five-member commission, which approved them Wednesday during the NSAC’s monthly meeting in Las Vegas.

The first Alvarez-Golovkin fight resulted in an infamous 12-round draw last September 16 at T-Mobile Arena. Judge Adalaide Byrd’s scorecard was widely criticized following that competitive bout because she scored 10 of the 12 rounds for Alvarez (118-110).

canelo-golovkin-new-york%20(8)_1.jpg

Moretti scored their fight for Golovkin (115-113), whom Moretti credited with winning seven of the 12 rounds. Don Trella had it even, six rounds apiece (114-114).

The NSAC also assigned New Jersey referee Benjy Esteves Jr. on Wednesday to officiate the Alvarez-Golovkin rematch.

Bennett suggested that the commission approve the assignment of Nevada referee Tony Weeks to work the Alvarez-Golovkin rematch. Tom Loeffler, Golovkin’s promoter, objected to Weeks working the bout during the meeting. Before the commission approved Esteves, NSAC chairman Anthony A. Marnell III said it was “absolutely absurd” for Loeffler to suggest Weeks isn’t qualified to officiate the rematch.

Bennett also defended the potential assignment of Weeks, who was widely criticized for how he handled the conclusion of the Andre Ward-Sergey Kovalev light heavyweight championship rematch in June 2017.

Loeffler reiterated he simply was attempting to avoid the potential for controversy because the judging of the first fight created such a firestorm and drew negative attention the sport.

Eric Gomez, president of Golden Boy Promotions, said during the meeting that Alvarez’s team had “no issue whatsoever” with Weeks working the Alvarez-Golovkin rematch. Gomez emphasized, though, that he understood Loeffler’s reservations about assigning Weeks to the fight.

Loeffler and Gomez agreed to allow another veteran Nevada referee, Robert Byrd, to officiate the rematch. Bennett and Marnell determined, however, that assigning Byrd to the rematch would be unfair to him and would welcome criticism because the heavily scrutinized Adalaide Byrd is his wife.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
If you watched that garbage fight Vanes vs Triple G you should be able to spot what Canelo and dem see and why they're taking the fight against undefeated pound for pound triple G after a YEAR off. Triple G has always been slow, but he punches wider now, and squares up when he wants to get off combos. If Canelo punches straight, in between the shoulders it will be a long evening for Triple G. Canelo gonna try to do to Triple G what Floyd did to him. Get off first and roll those wider punches. Triple G gna have to KO the never been KD Canelo to win.
Id punch you straight in your face:birdman:

Canelo is fighting GGG after a year layoff because he failed 2 drug test; fukk else was he supposed to fight:mjlol:

:hhh: at the effort in this ridiculous post

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Id punch you straight in your face:birdman:

Canelo is fighting GGG after a year layoff because he failed 2 drug test; fukk else was he supposed to fight:mjlol:

:hhh: at the effort in this ridiculous post
Skip you can try, but I’d slip your punch, and correct your stance, and give you a handshake. You’d roll a blunt up for me and I’d smoke 85% of it and you’d look on in glee.

Anyway, Canelo can fight PJ tomorrow and that shyt is doing 800k PPV. Maybe you should check your boxing eyes. I’m Canelos training vids he’s been setting up in the pocket and working on his step back and pivot out. Triple G has been punching wider and wider as time goes on. That’s how I came to my analysis.