For the Culture

Rogers mobile

Rookie
Daps
Can you Brehs and Brehettes explain the difference between cultural appropriation, and cultural appreciation?
besides the obvious i.e. cultural appropriation is monetizing and white washing history, and normalizing stereotypes.
how come its racist for white kids to wear geisha/concubine outfits, but they can wear timbs, rap and sag their pants? Or vice versa: how come our B.Qs can wear weaves (fabulously by the way :cape:), but its appropriation for cacettes to wear braids and dreadlocks? :whoa:

Dont get it twisted :martin: people who wear black face, dots, etc.. to hurt people, or make fun of religious sentiments and to degrade or devalue a sensitive time in a people's history, are a special kind of sewage :pacspit: and are not even considered appropriators in my eyes, but psychological terrorists :ufdup:

but what im referring to, are those who genuinely find the culture fascinating :ld: why is it Appropriation to wear a samurai suit, but its okay to dress as a ninja :ohhh: Can some one please explain this shyt to me :lupe:??

this :blessed: post was brought to you in part by:

before the militants start, im just asking for a friend - fred