For those who got married at a young age

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Did you feel like you missed out on anything? Could be experience, travel, etc?

Fat Fred Jones

Reticent
Daps
Been together since high school and 2021 will make 20 years together with my wife. I absolutely do not feel like I've missed out on anything. I had a few girlfriends prior to her and got enough "experience". If anything, witnessing/listening to the struggles of some single people today, increases the appreciation I have for my situation. Besides other women, I can still enjoy all of the other things life has to offer. In fact, a dual income household makes it all the easier. I've never once had the feeling of needing something new or strange out of boredom.

Now with all of that said, there are just more challenges and unknowns involved when settling down at a young age, a lot having to do with growth and maturity:
  • The main concern is that people can change so much from 20 to 30, mentally and physically. There's just no telling whom that other person will become in the long run.
  • Most young people just aren't that discerning and depending on one's upbringing, that other person could have a significant influence on the person you become. If they're toxic in some way, and young people tend to tolerate toxic mates far longer than they should, this will undoubtedly have a negative impact. It could be mentally, physically, or financially.
  • Young people are definitely more susceptible to the grass-is-greener syndrome, which can lead to infidelity. This is also a part of that feeling of "missing out".
  • Younger people tend to let their relationship influence their career decisions, often passing up opportunities to remain close.
  • A general lack of maturity/life experience tends to lead to dysfunction when it comes to resolving conflict.
  • Money can be tighter at a young age, which can lead to tension and stress.

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
Been together since high school and 2021 will make 20 years together with my wife. I absolutely do not feel like I've missed out on anything. I had a few girlfriends prior to her and got enough "experience". If anything, witnessing/listening to the struggles of some single people today, increases the appreciation I have for my situation. Besides other women, I can still enjoy all of the other things life has to offer. In fact, a dual income household makes it all the easier. I've never once had the feeling of needing something new or strange out of boredom.

Now with all of that said, there are just more challenges and unknowns involved when settling down at a young age, a lot having to do with growth and maturity:
  • The main concern is that people can change so much from 20 to 30, mentally and physically. There's just no telling whom that other person will become in the long run.
  • Most young people just aren't that discerning and depending on one's upbringing, that other person could have a significant influence on the person you become. If they're toxic in some way, and young people tend to tolerate toxic mates far longer than they should, this will undoubtedly have a negative impact. It could be mentally, physically, or financially.
  • Young people are definitely more susceptible to the grass-is-greener syndrome, which can lead to infidelity. This is also a part of that feeling of "missing out".
  • Younger people tend to let their relationship influence their career decisions, often passing up opportunities to remain close.
  • A general lack of maturity/life experience tends to lead to dysfunction when it comes to resolving conflict.
  • Money can be tighter at a young age, which can lead to tension and stress.

facts

this is me and my first bm :mjcry: