For those who listen to people's problems, do you ever take a break?

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I have friends, family who like to dump their problems on me. I even have somebody who has special needs that calls me. This ngga talks about the same thing everyday. (man oh man
but that's a whole other thread :snoop: ). I don't mind most of the time. But I decided a year ago that I would have a one day break on Tuesdays.

And even if they call, I dont answer the phone. For those who are like me, do you take official breaks from folks with problems. Or unofficial breaks where you just don't respond?

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I used to be like that had people trauma dump and emotionally vomit on me all the time. But not anymore I tell them straight up to go to a therapist. Some of them get mad and if they get mad so the fukk what man? I not going to let you moan and groan in my ear.

And a lot of times these people not even trying to fix their problem they just want someone to nag to man.

I have friends, family who like to dump their problems on me. I even have somebody who has special needs that calls me. This ngga talks about the same thing everyday. (man oh man
but that's a whole other thread :snoop: ). I don't mind most of the time. But I decided a year ago that I would have a one day break on Tuesdays.

And even if they call, I dont answer the phone. For those who are like me, do you take official breaks from folks with problems. Or unofficial breaks where you just don't respond?

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Have you suggested a therapist for your friends and family? That's who I talk to about my problems :ld:

Surprised the special needs person calls you to talk about their problems, considering they probably could get a therapist for free through Medicaid? Unless they work then nvm.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
I used to have to SOLVE people's problems in my former career and burned out. Back then I would've gladly accepted just hearing them out and sending them on their way

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Have you suggested a therapist for your friends and family? That's who I talk to about my problems :ld:

Surprised the special needs person calls you to talk about their problems, considering they probably could get a therapist for free through Medicaid? Unless they work then nvm.
Well with one friend, he was going to a counseling group. But once the pandemic hit, they stopped meeting. He hasn't looked for another one. But no I haven't suggested another one

The other one is very low functioning. Went to special needs school. Has a guardian. His thing is he gets lonely. And people get tired of him because he repeats stuff over and over again. And has the same type of convos. Not sure what mental problem but hes one of those people with the big heads. Might be Downs but don't quote me.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

Save yourself. Itā€™s draining as hell.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't have anyone calling me about their problems. For what? Outside my Mom & lady, I find it pointless for ppl to tell me about their problems. But, if someone wanted my perspective or opinion about something, then I would be open to listen and give my 2Ā¢s..